Our Ocean City, MD trip

Hammer66

Cadet
Re: Our Ocean City, MD trip

Hi Denny!
Staying at Fort Whaley. Frontier Town, as usual, is all booked up. I can hardly wait to go.
Thanks to everyone for your info! If you see a 12.5' white Newport Vessels inflatable sporting an 1965 18hp Fastwin and the captain is wearing an ear to ear grin give me a wave!:D

Regards,
Hammer66

ericlindy42

Cadet

I know this is a really really really ollld thread.. I wanted to ask you guys about that 100th street municipal parking lot. I'll be heading down with the wife and 1.5 year old son for the 4th of July week. We'll be renting a place in the general vicinity of 100th street with a slip in the back yard on the bay. Does anyone have experience parking at the lot? How is it? Secure? Has anyone experienced the lot being full when arriving and having to find a different place for the trailer?

I have a 14' McKee craft and am sooooo on the fence with bringing it. I almost got enough inspriration from ezmobee's original post from 2009. Any thoughts on bringing the boat? Is it worth it to bring it down that week? I've heard some crazy stories about that area during the 4th of July week...

Thanks guys,

Eric

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I know this is a really really really ollld thread.. I wanted to ask you guys about that 100th street municipal parking lot. I'll be heading down with the wife and 1.5 year old son for the 4th of July week. We'll be renting a place in the general vicinity of 100th street with a slip in the back yard on the bay. Does anyone have experience parking at the lot? How is it? Secure? Has anyone experienced the lot being full when arriving and having to find a different place for the trailer?

The 100th lot has security camera's I believe. It's HUGE and you won't have any issues finding a spot even at peak times. Trailer parking spaces are in the gravel area towards the back. In the prime August weeks we've used it, the trailer parking was maybe 20% full tops. The whole situation is great (except for the price). You just put your credit card in a machine, pay, and it prints out a slip you put in a little bag you stick on your trailer.

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

Great pics - I use to go down there with my Dad in the early 70s. We fished the jetties on the inlet - man that water really moves through there! We also stayed at Dewy, and Rehobeth, but thats all tooty fruty now :eek::facepalm:
I think it's really great utilizing an old rig. I did the same thing with a 74, Starcraft on Pamlico Sound NC.
What is the etymology of " Assawomen " :confused::redface:

mtschlegel

Recruit

Good Morning and happy Vacationing. For anyone launching a boat the Bering Rd ramp is open and it is $10.00 for one launch and one retrieve. I used it 8/02/12 around 1:00pm

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

We go to Ocean City every October for a week for Endless Summer (Car Shows) Our 24ft Pontoon Boat came from there. When I sell my pontoon boat and get a smaller boat We'll start traveling the Back water's of the Chesapecke Bay.and Ocean City

Bald Eagle Jones

Seaman Apprentice

Excellent thread! Looking to do the exact same things. My wife and I love it down there.

reload

Petty Officer 1st Class

You folks must be way younger then me. I hate all those screaming youngsters at the resorts. I do like getting in the ocean and getting knocked around once a year. We usually vacation near St. Michaels in Bozman. Fish and crab for week and go to OC on Wednesday when we can't crab.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Funny to see this thread brought back up as I just got home from another OC trip also with the boat. Had a great time again this year. The weather wasn't ideal but still got to use the boat pretty much every day.

Last edited:

Bald Eagle Jones

Seaman Apprentice

Pics look great! Where did you stay? We are looking for places with a dock/slip.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Pics look great! Where did you stay? We are looking for places with a dock/slip.

We always stay pretty far up around 125th St. or so. I usually search the rental realtors sites for places on the bay side with a boat slip. Vacation rentals in Ocean City, MD, Bethany Beach, DE, Ocean Pines, MD - Coldwell Banker Vacations has lots, this year I used Ocean City Maryland Real Estate - Vacation Rental Properties - Holiday Real Estate

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

You folks must be way younger then me. I hate all those screaming youngsters at the resorts.
Ahh... your just staying at the wrong places. No screaming youngsters at my in-laws. The dock is across the street, direct access to Assawoman, 15 minutes to Indian River Inlet. Crabbing isn't the best, but I can do that from home.

jasonbailey

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to vacation down at OC/Bethany Beach, only 85 miles from my house. Last 5 years, we've been going down to Nags Head. Lots of good boating spots down there. Only draw back is, its an all day event to get there on Saturday....

OC has been overrun, especially with all the damage to the Jersey shore.

Bald Eagle Jones

Seaman Apprentice

Tri Huller

Recruit

We go to OC, MD every year too. My buddy has a place with a boat slip on Gum Point Rd behind Ocean Downs in Berlin, MD. We go on his dad's boat out to the sand bar by Hooper's. We do a lot of clamming. Lot's of fun!

badbarracuda

Seaman Apprentice

Love it down here! I am restoring a 1978 Blue Fin Center Console for the bay. We did some flounder trips on The Bay Bee, all throwbacks. Priceless fun with the family! Tried my hand at surf fishing and crabbing as well. Great Pics!