Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

DakotaRed

Recruit
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/boa/1305404630.html

18' Spectrum Sport for Sale! - $11500 (Big Lake, MN)
Date: 2009-08-04, 11:59AM CDT
Reply to: sale-wevyw-1305404630@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

18' Spectrum Sport
3.0 Ford/Mercruiser I/O
Minnkota Trolling Motor
FL-18 transducer mounted on boat
Fl-18 Fishfinder with case, battery and ice fishing transducer
Trailer with spare
Removable stereo
Live well

$11,500
serious inquiries only

The guy is only about 7-8 grand to high. I have a 91 Spectrum the same specs and paid 4 grand for it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Wow, that's awesome. A low end tinny for $11.5k!

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

maybe it was a typo and he added an extra zero?

jasper60103

Commander

The boat is camera shy or he's hiding something, LOL!

boat.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner

Love this line: She actually just needs the bilge pump, fuel tanks and seats installed to be ready to hit the lake. The gauges and others are niceties that most boaters hardly, if ever, use.

Maybe true, but still funny . . .

skargo

Banned

This is an awesome boat!

http://york.craigslist.org/boa/1337723925.html

Everything you need to have a houseboat. 30 ft. pontoon boat. 88 HP Evinrude motor. Half finished. Have the sink, shower, stove, frig and water tank. Can take the top off and convert back to pontoon boat if wanted. NO time to finish. $2000.00.
Call: 717-424-9777 or email: jrwildwest@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3n53k63od5Qe5P95R798n9bce989bd59117a6.jpg

01 cummins

Seaman Apprentice

I know this isn't a TLC post but I was on Craigslist and reading this thread at the same time. I have a soon to be 2 year old and he takes my rods and jabs them in the ground and goes after my dog if he gets a hold of them.

I understand taking your child fishing but why does it need to be in a boat? I'm thinking that the boat is more for him than his daughter. I can't blame him I used the same line when I bought my boat ( I bought it for the kids honey ).

http://poconos.craigslist.org/boa/1360852327.html

2 year old daughter wants to fish (Milford Area)

If you have a small safe boat to help a little girl learn to fish contact me. Unemployed right now with very little$$. Please let me know if you have anything that would get us off of the shore.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1360852327

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I hate those whoa-is-me type ads. Got one here looking for a free pontoon to "take his son fishing". Ugh.

RickJ6956

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sometimes those posts are real. We responded to one from a down & out family that wanted an above ground pool for their kids. We wanted to get rid of our pool, so my wife responded. Turns out she knew the husband -- used to work with him. The couple had recently lost their jobs and had two young kids. The look on the kids' faces when they saw the pool was priceless.

scipper77

Commander

I know this isn't a TLC post but I was on Craigslist and reading this thread at the same time. I have a soon to be 2 year old and he takes my rods and jabs them in the ground and goes after my dog if he gets a hold of them.

I understand taking your child fishing but why does it need to be in a boat? I'm thinking that the boat is more for him than his daughter. I can't blame him I used the same line when I bought my boat ( I bought it for the kids honey ).

http://poconos.craigslist.org/boa/1360852327.html

2 year old daughter wants to fish (Milford Area)

If you have a small safe boat to help a little girl learn to fish contact me. Unemployed right now with very little$$. Please let me know if you have anything that would get us off of the shore.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1360852327

We had a guy posting that he cut a guy a break with the exact same story and let his boat go super cheap to do the guy a favor. A couple days later the new owner had the same boat up for sale for several hundred dollars more. The original seller posted this story every day for a week in hopes of discouraging anyone from buying the boat at the higher price.

Halligan

Cadet

For all those sellers out there...Take many pictures. No pictures no replies. I will throw out a possibility that doesn't give a good picture of the whole thing. Buyers are not just looking for a good hull, we want to see the interior, all the seating, cushions on, cushions off, all instruments, any defects. Be truthful and honest from the start or else Karma will bite you. It's not like buyers won't see the burnt out gaskets or chewed through wiring when they get there after a 75 mile drive. Save us all some time.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Plus it's harder to make fun of them without pics . . . :rolleyes:

01 cummins

Seaman Apprentice

For all those sellers out there...Take many pictures. No pictures no replies. I will throw out a possibility that doesn't give a good picture of the whole thing. Buyers are not just looking for a good hull, we want to see the interior, all the seating, cushions on, cushions off, all instruments, any defects. Be truthful and honest from the start or else Karma will bite you. It's not like buyers won't see the burnt out gaskets or chewed through wiring when they get there after a 75 mile drive. Save us all some time.

I know what you mean by this. Check this one out and I asked him to get me some pictures of the interior, drive, and trailer.

He responded with this- Yes I have clear title for both the boat anf the trailer, sorry no pictures it is a project that needs motor rebuilt or replaced. Boat and motor has 170 org. hours
Call me for info.

My response was this- I am interested but im a few hours away and I took a few trips already to look at boats that didn't turn out so well. If you can take a few pictures of the interior, drive, outside of boat and trailer that would be great. I know it needs a motor and that isnt a problem but I would like to see what the rest of the boat looks like. How much do you want for the boat and trailer together. Needless to say I didn't get pictures or a response.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/1362066644.html

1995 23Ft. Forumla Thunderbird Boat & trailer available 315-899-8916 - $3900 (Syracuse-)

Only 170 hours, 7.4 454 engine, Boat in excellent condition inside and out. Cuddy Cabin, wrap around seating, curved round windshield, engine needs work,
priced for quick sale, $3900- firm-
Trailer available

Huron Angler

Admiral

http://richmond.craigslist.org/boa/1367417577.html

Don't you wonder which boat pictured you'd actually be buying?

I'll bet that he googled his boat and just posted random pics of similar Sea Rays. Not conducive to selling the rig.

Or...maybe he took the picture on the left first...and then finished painting the underside hull with white paint prior to taking the second picture:D

lilcane88

Cadet

hello all, im new here. bought my first boat (1984 Glastron 20ft ski and fish) and im 13 ( yes I bought the boat) but my father and i will be sharing this account. anyways, just recently we were browsing craigslist and saw this lower unit... i think its pretty funny

http://greenville.craigslist.org/boa/1368144837.html

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

Excellent thread. As a certified CL junkie, I hope no one minds if I use this thread to give some of my CL pet peeves.

1. Have a price. This "best offer" stuff is bogus. Tell me how much you want. This isn't ebay.

2. Pictures. And not pictures from 100 yards away with the cover on. I realize it can be a hassle to snap pics. But if you don't snap pics, all you'll get is 100 emails asking for pics. You want to sell your heap, take pics.

3. Don't put "no emails, calls only" in your ad. I can't get pictures in a call, if that's what I want. And I'm looking on CL specifically to avoid wasting tons of time on the phone. This is the 21st century. You posted on the internet. You want the convenience of having your ad on the net, you have to work by email. That's how it works. Welcome to 2009.

4. This is a big one. Don't bother with telling me how much you have "invested" in accessories. The word is "spent". Boat fenders aren't an investment. You bought them because you wanted them. You spent that money. It's gone. It may sweeten the deal, but it doesn't make your boat extra valuable to me.

5. I mentioned this in another thread. You can just stop telling me "The trailer alone is worth what I'm asking for the whole boat." No. It isn't. If I was shopping for a trailer, maybe it would be. But if I want a boat, your clunker isn't worth what you're asking just because it has a trailer. I'm supposed to buy your boat, take it off the trailer and junk it, then go shopping for a boat that needs a trailer?

6. Don't bother telling me how much the part will cost to fix your boat. I'm not a moron. If your nice boat could be running for $30 you'd have fixed it instead of letting it sit uncovered in a field for 10 years.

7. Post it once or twice, then think about changing your selling price. Quit putting the same non-running over priced heap in a new ad every week with the same too high price. You're only insulting peoples intelligence. You're 14' tri-hull tub isn't worth an extra grand because you painted it with the local football teams colors and put stickers on it.

8. Ok, last one. Learn to classify your boat. It isn't a "ski boat" just because you managed to pull your uncle out of the water on skis once in the 80's.

Sorry for the rant. I have a similar one for motorcycle ads. ;-)