CraigCat

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant
Re: CraigCat

It does look cool, but in some of the vids I have seen there seems to be a lot of flex between the two surf boards.

It also seems to come pretty close to flipping with little effort in tight turns.

I think it might have tendency to stuff the nose in a light surf, throwing the passengers in the direction the boat was going, before the abrupt stop boats tend to make when stuffing the nose.

But considering all this I would still like to have one for calmer waters. Anyone giving them away to testers? :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The hybrid they say will run for 8 hours on a gallon or less. Sure would great for those small inland lakes that have limited hp.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

My boatslip is next to our launch ramp, and every few weeks I see an older gentleman launch his CraigCat. His boat looks exactly like the one on the homepage- with the blue bimini and Mercury outboard.
I gotta say, it sure looks like fun! He sometimes tows a big tube behind for the kids.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

I think it would be the perfect boat for summer time exploration day trips of Americas inland water ways.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i don't know about the Louisiana bayou's and everglades.

mthieme

Captain

There is one of these on our creek.
It's pretty cool. Obviously not an all 'round boat, but neither is my hydroplane.
The manufacturer claims they are very stable...they have videos of the boat in action.

SoFloStone

Seaman

Edit: Edited this out as the original post is not allowed . . .

Why is that not considered a PWC?

I notice the pictures do not have the models wearing life jackets?

My understanding is that you have to have gunnels and sit/stand within the boat in order for it to be classified as a boat.

:confused:

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The hybrid they say will run for 8 hours on a gallon or less. Sure would great for those small inland lakes that have limited hp.

But the hybrid's top speed is 5MPH. Seems like you could do that in a canoe!

brentstrr

Recruit

Yall have no idea about this boat because you havent been on one. Ive logged 400 hours in every kind of water and it is a marvel of technology. The boat is suppose to flex, its the only banking catamaran! Safe, fun, cheap to run, cheap to trailer, easy launch...hehehe the whole boat weighs 500 lbs....this aint ya daddy's pontoon boat! This is the luxury go-cart for the water! Ride one and then post your opinion! Check it out at craigcat wilmington on facebook for more comments.
Brent
ps..never turned one over....amazingly stable!

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

There's one of those little buggers that I see all the time on Crystal river, totally rigged for fishing. And I mean ALL the time...;)

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

There was one of those for sale here (seattle) last year for $2500, had a 30hp on it.

the Bulldog

Recruit

boat.jpg

here is my modified craig cat...used the pontoons and the steering...love it so far