Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Private Messages

We are aware of a current issue where your messages screen does not properly load and we are working on a fix.

In the interim, you can access you messages by navigating to this link: https://forums.iboats.com/privatemessage/notification

Apologies for the inconvenience.
See more
See less

Magnum Spoons - Have Your Tried It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnum Spoons - Have Your Tried It

Throwing those 8 inch spoons for bass is a new technique for me. Anyone try it already? Any retrieve techniques or ideas I should pay attention to? Thanks to all.

I'm not familiar with those, but since they are so large, I'm assuming you're talking striped bass.
    I'll stick around and see what the experts say.
    I fish on Lake Wallenpaupack, a 13 mile long, 52 mile shoreline lake in northeastern PA which has some nice (landlocked) stripers. I've not caught any, but met people who have and like you, I need to learn.

Comment

They are all the rage for tournament largemouth fishing in deep water. Expensive ($20) so I'm making my own. I can make one for $4. It does take a lot of time to cut, bend and polish. Fun winter project.

Comment

Are they casting or jigging them?

I'm a fan of casting as far as I can and working it back to vertical giving it a bit in case something followed it back,....

Never used those spoons,.... Swedish Pimples, Mepps Cyclops, Moonshine Shiver Minnows are my go to lures for "jigging"

Comment

Working...
        X