Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

yamaha 05 175hp HPDI - Where does clear tubing go?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 05 175hp HPDI - Where does clear tubing go?

I've got a 2005 Yamaha 175hp HPDI. There is a ~1/4" clear tubing that come straight off the top of motor (compression nut) that appears to route down engine and go into the bundle of wire/cables that come out front of motor (big flex hose covering) across splash well and into hull.

The tubing had a split in it right above the compression nut and was shooting water out. I was able to temporary fix it on the lake by cutting a small section off and reconnecting it. I'm consider replacing hose and redoing the compression nut fitting.

What is this tubing for? Where does it go?

1989 WellCraft Classic 180
    Mercruiser 3.7L w/Alpha1 drive

2001 Ranger R81 - Yamaha 175 HPDI

Are you able to trace out the entire length of the tube? Do you have a water pressure gauge on the dash, if so is it working?