This really really weird !!

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Soooooo !! Iv been going threw my SELOC book for my 2000 216 ssi Chap 5.7GSI. For a couple evenings now. Since I'm a rookie and this is my first boat. "The boat has been take. Care of with the most best upkeep
And maintance, and like to keep her that way. I hate break downs. ". So I can fully understand all of its systems and know were to trouble shoot in case I have a problem.,, but when I got to the IGNITION and electrical system wiring schematic diagram. My boat only matches the one , it shows for 2000-01 4.3 GI engines. On the next page it shows 2000-01 5.0GI and 5.7 GSI / GXI engine. But that one does not match what I got under the hatch for my 5.7 GSI. What's up with this??

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
I can't officially state why your engine wires do not match what is in the SELOC book other than to state that their reference manuals are not always the best source of specific motor information. Generally the VP factory manuals are more accurate.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Keep a look out on eBay for a set of Volvo Penta "EF" manuals. Selocs have a lot of wrong info in them. "EF" is your model designation.

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok I will keep an look out and
Try to get a real Volvo penta EF manual. I would have order that from the get go if I had known. But this is what my local marina had on the shelf for sale... So far it's the only thing Iv found that is screwy. It sure was throwing me off though.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The electronic manuals on boatinfo are a pain in the butt to use. Also, the electrical diagrams are pretty much useless the way they are scanned. They can serve in a pinch but really should get the real OEM paper manuals.

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok. Cool. Thanks guys I'll start to check them out. I'm going to go over to the boat storage today. And pop the hatch along with this seloc repair manual and start seeing what matches and what don't.