Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

    Anyone come across a cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

    I just got one from a friend of mine, was able to get it running. I need a few parts to button it up tho.

  • #2
    Re: Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

    ....

    EDIT: BTW good luck finding parts.... these engines were discontinued over 20 years ago.... I have one and they're neat but the very few parts I've seen cost WAY too much... like the plastic shroud on ebay for $95 plus shipping.... that's about all the whole engine would sell for

    Edit again... look at link in post 4.... found the manual online for free
    Kevin

    Originally posted by Tinnie
    But, where are the reevets?
    1981 Wellcraft V-20 CC Fisherman (FREE BOAT)
    1989 Wellcraft Monte Carlo 28(Build thread here)
    1992 Hotsports Jet'n'Cat Yam 701 WR3 drivetrain "SS George Washington"
    90's Yamaha WRIII and a pair of 95 Kawasaki ZXI-900's
    Fresh clean cheap oil is better then old dirty expensive oil any day
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

      the 12lb motor,model 6600 1.5hp
      Ayuh,.... So, is this a bolt on, kicker outboard,..??

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

        it's basically a weedwhacker engine turned into an outboard.... they have a transom clamp with only one clamp bolt. shifter is forward neutral only. it is air cooled and has a thumb throttle on the tiller.

        they're tiny little things
        http://jvangurp.com/cruise_n_carry.html
        Kevin

        Originally posted by Tinnie
        But, where are the reevets?
        1981 Wellcraft V-20 CC Fisherman (FREE BOAT)
        1989 Wellcraft Monte Carlo 28(Build thread here)
        1992 Hotsports Jet'n'Cat Yam 701 WR3 drivetrain "SS George Washington"
        90's Yamaha WRIII and a pair of 95 Kawasaki ZXI-900's
        Fresh clean cheap oil is better then old dirty expensive oil any day
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

          Originally posted by smokeonthewater View Post
          it's basically a weedwhacker engine turned into an outboard.... they have a transom clamp with only one clamp bolt. shifter is forward neutral only. it is air cooled and has a thumb throttle on the tiller.

          they're tiny little things
          http://jvangurp.com/cruise_n_carry.html
          Hey thanks for the reply. I found that website a few days ago. Good source for manual, it has came in handy so far for a few things including spark end gap, proper lower end oil and maintenance. The parts page is too hard to read tho, low quality scan.

          I took it out today and it doesnt give much power for my 12' boat. I think if I was alone and the 130lb outboard wasnt on the back it do fine. The amount of weight I had today really worked the motor, i just shut it off and ran the 15hp. Take care!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

            well the first post I made originally had a link to a guy selling a copy on disk on ebay... If you do a search there you'll find him
            Kevin

            Originally posted by Tinnie
            But, where are the reevets?
            1981 Wellcraft V-20 CC Fisherman (FREE BOAT)
            1989 Wellcraft Monte Carlo 28(Build thread here)
            1992 Hotsports Jet'n'Cat Yam 701 WR3 drivetrain "SS George Washington"
            90's Yamaha WRIII and a pair of 95 Kawasaki ZXI-900's
            Fresh clean cheap oil is better then old dirty expensive oil any day
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Sign up today
              Re: Cruise n carry 6600 parts book?

              Originally posted by smokeonthewater View Post
              well the first post I made originally had a link to a guy selling a copy on disk on ebay... If you do a search there you'll find him
              Hi everyone,
              Were can I find a manual, or parts? I tried the URL's in this thread, but nothing,
              I have a 6500 Cruise N Carry, any help will be greatly appreciated.

              Comment

              Working...
              X