2000 Johnson j130vxsss

BTilley

Recruit
Im having an issue with my outboard. It started with replacing a bad power pack and havent found the other bug yet. The motor will crank but runs on 2 cylinders (port side). We are getting spark to all cylinders, but the starboard side bank is not functioning. Any ideas? New plugs and wires, and also switched the coil packs from the other side with the same result. Compression tested at 150 at all cylinders. Any ideas??

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Are you sure coils / orange ( striped ) wires are going to the correct cylinder ?----What was the issue that led you to replace the powerpack ??----How did this motor run for you last year?

BTilley

Recruit
Thanks for the reply, we got it figured out yesterday after this post. Had to tune the air/fuel mixture as it was pretty far off. We originally replaced the power pack due to no spark and trouble shooting leading us there.

SirusX1721

Recruit
We're the air mixtures the 3 1/2 turns out as specified in the manual? I'm having the same issue on the same outboard but opposite bank

BTilley

Recruit
We're the air mixtures the 3 1/2 turns out as specified in the manual? I'm having the same issue on the same outboard but opposite bank

TO be honest, im not sure as a friend adjusted it. I know the adjustments change from what the manual says as the engine gets older though.