Removing mounted remote from tohatsu 9.9hp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing mounted remote from tohatsu 9.9hp

I bought a new fuel injected 9.9 without the remote. I have to remove the old remote and control cabling. It is disconnected from cockpit and i opened the smaller panel exposing the control cable ends which are held in place with clips. To remove, would i feed the cable from the transom or disconnect clips from remote?

1. Disconnect negative leads at the batteries. 2. Trace wires from remote to the batteries. 3.

I have some electrical wiring to deal with as well as remove the control cables...

Comment

Assuming your new model is MFS9.9EEFL. The motor will have a battery cable. That will be used to start the motor, and for charging the battery.That is all. No extra hocus pocus.
      Paul
      Certified Tohatsu TLDI Technician
      Buffalo NY USA

Comment

i appreciate your response. is the male plug pictured the battery supply? i am trying to minimize any extra holes and hardware drilling . the remote is disconnected at the cable clips inside? thank you
        Originally posted by pvanv View Post
        Assuming your new model is MFS9.9EEFL. The motor will have a battery cable. That will be used to start the motor, and for charging the battery.That is all. No extra hocus pocus.

Comment

Originally posted by pvanv View Post
          Assuming your new model is MFS9.9EEFL. The motor will have a battery cable. That will be used to start the motor, and for charging the battery. That is all. No extra hocus pocus.
          Paul! Thank you! Thanks for your patience through this process. Of course, you were right about the battery cable. Anticlimactic... So I completely disconnected the remote, shoved the cables and harnesses into the passthrough. I have to figure out how to disconnect the existing remote harness wiring and connect the simple TOHATSU battery cable to the vessel's power management system.

I may have to remove the entire aft panel to see the big picture for wiring.

thanks again
          Attached Files

Comment

is there a Quik connect

Comment

Originally posted by vdotmatrix View Post
              is there a Quik connect
              Nope. Just the two cable ends. If the earlier motor had something else, the PO had it added. You COULD add a minn kota trolling motor disconnect, if desired.
              Paul
              Buffalo NY USA

Comment

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...-tohatsu-9-9hp

The 2nd post on this thread has a picture(s). This must be the quick connect for the battery? I could just cut the old connector off the old motor and use gel butt connectors?

Thank You Paul

Comment

No clue whT The PO did... sorry. The battery cables need to be robust...
                  Paul
                  Buffalo NY USA

Comment

Working...
                  X