Over heating warning Buzzer

The Force power

Commander
I have been reading some posts on this and I fully understand it function and how its wired.
but in none of the posts (that I read) has anybody mentioned or brought up the idea I thought of to do, so here is my suggestion and let me know if this is a dumb idea.

since the Termister-switch is what causes the ground patch when it reaches high temp, why not hook this to the (black & yellow) wires from the ignition wires to ground out the ignition? so you would not have to worry about hearing or not hearing the warning buzzer.

Let me know if I forgot something that is being left out of the equation and needs to be the way it is

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So you're out cruising and some how end up with a fully loaded ore carrier (can any type of not very nimble boat on any waters) bearing down on you and the motor stops. I can think of better ways to go - Preferably with a smile on my face.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The overheat alarm goes off BEFORE critical temps are reached.
It's a WARNING buzzer.

If it gets hot enough the motor will probably shut down on it's own.

The buzzer on most Force/Chrysler isn't loud enough as it is.
I usually suggest installing a horn from a car or motorcycle.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Another scenario...you're running WOT, the engine shuts down and your boat comes to a quick halt. Your wake then swamps your stern. You take on water...maybe not enough to sink you...or maybe yes?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The overheat alarm goes off BEFORE critical temps are reached.
It's a WARNING buzzer.

If it gets hot enough the motor will probably shut down on it's own.

The buzzer on most Force/Chrysler isn't loud enough as it is.
I usually suggest installing a horn from a car or motorcycle.

If you go with an added horn, use a relay triggered by the warning sensor to sound the horn. Most horns draw a fair amount of current and may blow the sensor, then all you may hear is a quick squeak. The relay protects the sensor and lets the horn blast.