The New Guy! help me out!!

plankton23

Recruit
Hey everyone! first time on the forums!
well long story short i now own a 1973 Luhrs 28ft sedan! it has dual 302 motors ( mercruiser 888) i think they are called. i know they are ford 302s though.
the boat floats and we took it 8 miles on one motor to get it to the dock. it needs some tlc but we can handle it. the second motor needs some work and under the dash is a rats nest! but other than that its mostly just replacing and cleaning up the vessel.

does anyone have any types of wiring diagrams or any info on these? its my first big boat so im excited to turn it into something great again.

im looking for wiring diagrams for the motor and the panel up top. thats what i am in need of now.

again im sort of new so please dont hesitate to explain things.

thanks again everyone! i will be posting pictures soon!

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant
Welcome to iboats...

Go to the Merc I/O section - at the top - go to the adults only section and there is a welth of info on your motors. It will not be boat specific, but motor specific.

Good Luck with your new ride!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you understand anything about electronics or electricity, you can take any type "rats nest" and even without a schematic diagram and clean it up. I realize a good schematic is nice, but excess wires all tangled together is easy to cleanup... Just saying...