Glen-L WB Power Skiff Build

zool

Captain
Glad you got the o/b issues worked out !
Fresh primer looking good !

Thanks sam, Im just glad at least one of my boat motors work lol.....I painted the lower section today, used a little detail gun..all went well til I tried to get an area underneath and the top came off and spilled a full cup on my arm and hands :facepalm:.....now i wish i didnt use the hardener, I cant get it all off ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
LOL , I did the same thing with almost a quart of black with hardener. All over my jeans work boots and concrete porch floor ..Then brilliant me grabs the acetone sloping wet rag to clean off my jeans . Soaked through and started burning my legs !:eek:
Could’nt get my boots off fast enough ! Stand there in my bvd’s With the water hose washing my legs down .. :facepalm:
What a complete mess :laugh:

zool

Captain
ha, yea....my shop floor has a big ole white stain now too...oh well, all I had handy was acetone too, did the same with my bare arm, its almost off now, but the hairs look grey..so my left arm looks 20 years older than my right :)....the worst part was, i was finished, just thought "let me hit one more spot!"

The motor look like new now tho, so i guess thats what matters :D

zool

Captain
I always liked Garveys, I grew up on the bay in South Jersey (little egg harbor)...The clammers used them with pilot houses during the winter, as well as the crabbers in open models in the summer. Most were plywood over local cedar,

The bay is 90% shallow, under 2' with mostly unmarked channels, so flat bottom boats were the norm.

Every summer they hosted Garvey races, and Jersey Speed Skiff races. As kids, we just walked across a sand field to see them up close.at a place called The point, at the end of S Green St.

They were mostly SBC engines in 18-20' wood garveys.....or 305 Chevys in the speed skiffs.

Most likely very functional for Pensa Bay...

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am really frustrated with this iPad changing words on me. Those Garveys were really getting it!
Cheers

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
What do you think yours will do with your current outboard set up? Just wondering.
Thats some crazy speeds. :eek:

zool

Captain
What do you think yours will do with your current outboard set up? Just wondering.
Thats some crazy speeds. :eek:

I'll keep up with anyone man!......................in the no wake zone :D

Working on the boat today, but the humidity is killing me, taking an AC break....I'll post up some progress later

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Fudge pullin weeds in the garden then boat. Their saying 53% humidity here but that has to be wrong. I'll check my Budometer.
Opened up the boat cover just to let it breathe the wet out. Ordered up some materials. Going to start the deck down. KIYIYIPPIEYIYEA!
Yup those sure are some white knuckle skiffs.

zool

Captain
Ive been walking past the weeds to the boat

Here's a few pics of the motor, still have to do the top, but I gotta get the old stickers off, and order a new set...so it can wait

y4mUok73gJNfSj-UaNcXS1O4B6E7YL_NMOLWxLx8Ag4HIb4aJZToYS1pLS0_ddghG6qTnYrOI2MYgkyHViDTDlQvqVaON3awRHfTLF3tV--mFQ8zMe1uzY2XY93BNMY22VbkjhbnoSPP6GsrL9Xsv-4xUdbMSIfSlRMjFkdnqIo7x6ydjeXv2DlJZVTcu6oTTJPcWJ9gMsXXmLJT9uwnMj4qg

y4mzGnC7KoqIoylLWZrxFzgZSbxjdEmaHEDptzvbxioH77X0uy4gQk9fH5nQMHnV36c9eB8BSeaOdODAXF9VFYVD5TmryrmYs0JiM42fBuqlZzqaIRmzAvUw-d0vEJXtg4qX4fnDsIcrFIbHPjpYT6zUxjj1ZiCP1QDDy2N2tpWDH3Iz6STBJEJ6k5SzIdB0vxV43Lk1kCw_Suoe2A3vK2-kA

Its not Johnson white, just rusto white....but whatever...looks clean now.