looking for a thread for custom porta potty encloser

mrchev

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was on here before and seen a restore, that some one did that had built a convertible closet type thing for a porta potty in one of the rear seats. But Ive been looking for a couple of days and can't seem to find it. Hoping someone could help me out. thanks

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: looking for a thread for custom porta potty encloser

Never seen one,...

Though once while fishing as an amateur in a tournament with a female pro she put a big rain poncho on and sat on a 5 gallon bucket, I turned and looked the other way,....

Very cleaver and cheap solution for the short go until you find what your looking for,..

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Didn't DozerII rig something up on on of his Starcrafts???

jbcurt00

Staff member

I think it was Grandad's Holiday Reno build:
Nana made a sliding curtain suspended below the stern deck to conceal the throttle, shift and steering cables, I/O trim pump and bilge blower behind the toilet. She made the main privacy curtain with a rod pocket top to be mounted on the tubular frame. The curtain's side and bottom edges are held in place by Velcro strips. Nana's a "keeper". Entry to the area is via a hinged half door at the bottom and a corresponding split in the privacy curtain above.

The toilet (ya, ya, I know it's a "head") is a Dometic Sealand porcelain unit with 9 gal holding tank. It requires a pressure water system to flush, but I haven't yet done the plumbing. I had planned to just use the port-a-potty that we used for years, but apparently it is no longer legal here. Portable toilets are not allowed on the great lakes. I understand that you can be fined if you have a portable on board. The only acceptable toilet types are those that must be pumped out, not dumped out into your residential toilet. I understand that "they" don't want idiots dumping waste into our lakes, but this is a serious inconvenience and expense. I'm not sure what trailer boaters are expected to do without a portable; maybe poop on the beach somewhere or pee overboard? I hope this legislation doesn't backfire.

products - Dometic

100_3498Reduced.jpg

100_3501Reduced.jpg

100_3503Reduced.jpg

100_3504Reduced.jpg

100_3505Reduced.jpg

mrchev

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks for the quick replies and yes that is the one.