How much is enough?

Homerr

Commander
I thought I would start a post concerning how much stuff to use while you're building or repairing your boat.<br /><br />For example:<br /><br />How much glass should you use when bedding stringers?<br /><br />How much resin (typically) should you use?<br /><br />How strong is 'strong enough'?<br /><br />I know most of the quantities will vary from each job, but if anyone has a general formula, please share.<br /><br />H.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: How much is enough?

Hey Homerr,<br />i Think it's the Same answer as the one about "how much do boats Cost ?????<br /><br />About 4 times More than you Thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Dog

Cadet

I just gutted a 21' Sea Ray open bow. When putting it back together I ended up using 20 gal. of laminating resien and 4 gal. of top coat resien. I ended up making sevral trips back to the store because I underestiamted.<br /><br />Big Dog

Bondo

Staff member

I'm Just starting a total resto on a 1973 Old Town Atlantis..... <br />I'm going to START with a 5gal order of epoxy..... that should at Least put a Merc. hole in my OMC transom.... Maybe ??