From Ski to Bassboat

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryrogers

Cadet
About a year ago I recieved "free" a '76 Malibu ski boat w/'75 Mercury 1500. Engine ran great and the boat was sound. However at 65, I am not into blasting aroung the lake but I do like to fish. I saw right away to potential for makint this into a bass boat and this became my summer project. The hull is fiberglass with a fb cap over the front. I cut the cap away, removed about 50# of water logged foam, replaced the floor under where the gas tank was, removed all the seating and built it all back with fishing deck front and back. All material was 1/2" strut 1 plywood, joined with screws and resin. Carpet over the deck and walla, looks just like the pictures in the magazine. I took it out first time a week ago and everything worked great. The Minnkota 45# was more than enough to push the 18' hull against a mild wind. I'll try to post some before and after pixs if I can figure it out.View attachment 177427DSC01537.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-05-15 11.32.45.jpg
    2012-05-15 11.32.45.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer
Re: From Ski to Bassboat

You did a great job on that boat Larry...funny but I think I have seen it before!;)

Newfiebass

Recruit
Hi larryrogers what an awesome job well done.i have the same type of boat all summer I used her fishing as she is a ski boat it don't give you much .now I want to build her into a beautiful bass boat.i need some help though I'm not sure where to start

jbcurt00

Staff member
Newfiebass Larry hasnt been on iboats in over 5yrs, not likely to respond. Which is why iboats discourages posting to topics where the original poster hasnt been active in 90days.

start a topic about your boat and redoing it into a bassboat.

likely to get plenty of help, even w out Larrys input

Status
Not open for further replies.