1989 Bass Tracker - Original equipment information, part numbers - Dashboard Items

jstiene

Seaman Apprentice
Hello

I recently purchased a used 1989 Bass Tracker and am starting my winter project of restoring it. One problem I have is that the dash board is missing two guages. One is a large one right in the center of the dash. Anyway, I am trying to locate a owners manual,etc that shows what these were, and part numbers so that I can order replacements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Joe

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1989 Bass Tracker - Original equipment information, part numbers - Dashboard Item

Boats don't usually come with owners manuals. I would try contacting Bass Tracker and they could probably help you with the parts #'s. Ebay is another source.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1989 Bass Tracker - Original equipment information, part numbers - Dashboard Item

^^^^^^Correct...also guages are universal and can be purchased many places on the net or your local marine dealer. Nothin special in a tracker there.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

The large on in the center is more than likely your speedometer.

Where is the other one located?

jstiene

Seaman Apprentice

So I did a little more digging and called Tracker Marine. I am told that the open hole in the middle of my dash is where a Hummingboord Flasher LCD graph used to be located. Can enayone tell me what this is or was? Should I jsut fill the hole in with something else? I have this gaping round hole in my dash with nothing in it...

Thanks!
Joe

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Its an old fish finder/depth finder unit, depending on the size of the hole you may be able to stick a tach in there.

kofkorn

Seaman Apprentice

I've got one in my console as well. It's a circular Flasher as ondavr said. Older style depth sounder. Unfortunately mine doesn't work either. So I'll likely fill the hole with something else.

On my Pro 17 the tach is the large lower left hand guage (functioning) and Speedometer is the large lower right hand guage (not sure yet). So I'm still trying to figure out what may fit there.

I've received wiring diagrams from Tracker for my boat that I can send you if you're interested.

mvpjr51

Recruit

If you could send me the wiring diagrams I would appreciate it very much. I am replacing everything from decking to all switches over christmas break. Adding new radio, making sure all gauges work. Thanks in advance

kofkorn

Seaman Apprentice

They're attached below. Good luck with your re-wire. I hope it doesn't turn into more than you expect... Like mine did :(

Attachments

• WIRING DIAGRAM.pdf
    145.7 KB · Views: 96
  • CONSOLE WIRING DIAGRAM.pdf
    134.4 KB · Views: 92

dlsalmon62

Recruit

Thanks for the wiring diagram. However, I see that it is for a 1990 model. Is it the same as 1989. Looking for wiring diagram, and owners manual, for 1989 Bass Tracker Pro 17. THANKS!

RiverDewey

Cadet

Thanks koforn. That's exactly the wiring diagram I needed!