14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

adamcostoplus

Recruit
Re: 14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

Well that took a little redneck engeneering to get that out. Good thing I have a degree in the subject. :D

IMG_3541.jpg

I too have the overhanging aluminum on the rail that that needs to be trimmed away so that I can get the transom out on my 1969 Starcraft Falcon. What tool did you use to trim away the aluminum? Thanks!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

Adam, Go over to the starcraft forums and ask your questions or start a restore thread of your own here and you'll get lots of help. Most of the stuff you need to take out to get the transom out are screws or bolts. The tops of the gunwales have to be peeled back a little so the wood will slide out. And there are some large rivets that hold z channels that receive the bottom and sides of the wood that you shouldn't remove. The other SC guys will gladly guide you thru this process.

I too have the overhanging aluminum on the rail that that needs to be trimmed away so that I can get the transom out on my 1969 Starcraft Falcon. What tool did you use to trim away the aluminum? Thanks!

The previous advice from North Beach applies to your 2nd request in this thread, and the same question asked in the archived thread elsewhere.

Start a resto thread for your Falcon, post lots of pix, ask your questions & you'll get lots of help :)

It will help if you familiarize yourself w/ closer to correct boat terms. By rails you mean gunnels or gunwales? Remove the endcaps, and by any means possible, trim back the the gunwale to allow you to pull the transom.. But you don't have to cut the metal, there should be room to bend it up & out of the way, then bend it back & reinstall the endcap after you've installed the transom ply:
DSCN1929-1.jpg

It shows cutting back @ 1 5/8", but it doesn't have to be removed...