transom and floor replacement

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: transom and floor replacement

Nice- you got some work done and the wife is coming home soon!!! That should make you and your kids very happy! Should be a great Christmas!
Mick

BobsGlasstream

Commander

SKIBUM1M,
You can clean it, which is a good thing but I'll bet she will Know the truth. I don't know how, but they always no. :confused:
Good to hear the boat is back in and the work will resume. :D
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

I am kind of at a stop on the boat because it is upside down and the sanding is finished so there is nothing to do untill I get gelcoat. This may be a good thing with the wife coming home for Christmas. Now I wont be tempted to go out to the garage and work on the boat. She will be home till the 2nd and then its back to Indiana then Afghanistan. Being a single father is alot harder than I ever imagined. I only have to do it a year, How do people do this for 18 years? You never know how much you appreciate your wife till she is taken away for a long time.

by the way I found what I want santa to bring me, so if your reading this santa follow this link. http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/1499519628.html

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Its nice of them to include the trailer with it!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

SKIBUM1M,
Don't you think it is a little small. after all you are a growing family.:D
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

good point bob but I figured I could get Oops to extend it another 25 feet and then add about 2 more engines.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

SKIBUM1M,
Great Idea, I wish I would have thought of that. :p:p

Hey, You forgot one more item that you will need.

Santa, please bring him a Ford 650 to pull it with. :D:D:cool:

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Hell santas gonna have to add a few more reindeer to pull that thing. I would love to see someone photoshop that boat behind santas sleigh. Maybe they could use that for the comic of the day:D

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Thank god for Painkillers. I got a root canal today and it hurts like hell till I take some then I am good for a couple hours. Why is toothpain so much worse than any other pain? This hurts more than when I put a routerbit thru my thumbnail and hit the bone. By the way always hold your router tightly and have your workpiece clamped down well especially when climbmilling. Now I get to go back tomorrow for a deep cleaning above the gumline on my teeth.

micks110

Ouch! I had a root canal last year and I wasn't in any pain- sorry. I try to avoid the dentist as much as possible- I usually call every 3-4 years when I think I have a cavity and then go in- other than that forget it- I brush 4 times a day and use fluoride every night to try to avoid the dentist. That smell in the dentist and that winding noise of the drills freak me out!
So when is the paint coming???
Mick

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

These dental problems are because I havve avoided it for the past 18 years. Well more like didnt have insurance but anyway.
Gelcoat is looking like I will order it on Jan 13. The wife will be here till jan 2 so I will need money to take her out with. Then Jan 10 is my daughter and my birthday so I have to spend a fortune on her. so the 13th will be the next available paycheck. Trust me I dont like the wait either but I get to see my wife for a week and a half before she goes for 10 more months. I dont know how the hell I am going to make it that long without her.
Wow that was an ADD post. what was I saying? well the boat is going to be really sweet when its done. Ooooh something shiney over there. gotta go look at it.

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Ok so still no progress on the boat but I did get pics of the toyboxes I built for the kids for christmas.
IMG00127-20091222-0019.jpg

IMG00128-20091222-0020.jpg

IMG00129-20091222-0020.jpg

They certainly arent my best craftsmanship but they will serve their purpose and should stand up to the kids.

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Bob. I love my rail and stile bits almost as much as my pocket hole jig.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

SKIBUM1M,
Pocket hole jigs are the greatest. I use them when ever I can.
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Im off to bed early tonight. I have to get up at 5 to go pick up the wife. Woo hoo.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Looks nice, I bet the kids will get some good use out of them!

micks110

Your wife home yet??? Hope all is well!
Mick

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just want to say "What a bunch of guys!"

I hope all of you are enjoying Christmas Eve and have a better Christmas Morn. It's Family time!

Especially for you! Bud.

Also tell your wife, an old retired Flyboy says Thank You!

micks110

Merry Christmas skibum! Hope as is well with the wife and kids!
Mick