Suntracker Party Hut 30' Restoration

Solomon_

Recruit
Hello all,

I'm restoring a ~1995 (+/- a couple years) 30' Party Hut. This is my first restoration, and was looking for any tips/guidance/specific knowledge about my boat. Because this is my first time, I've already made some mistakes and am looking to minimize future ones. Currently, I've stripped down everything to the aluminum "Z"s, and am waiting on CCA treated plywood. I bit the bullet and paid for, from what I've read, is the good stuff (ordered from pontoonstuff.com). Once I receive the ply, I have some "seam tape" to lay on the Zs where sheets meet, and have bought stainless steel bolts/washer/nuts to attach everything with.

I'll post more as I progress, but the only current question I have is on whether I should "pad" all the Zs. I've seen modern pontoon construction plans that pad all of the Zs for soundproofing and vibration, but wasn't sure if this mattered. The seam tape I ordered (isn't here yet) seems to just be 2"x1/4" or 2"x1/8" butyl tape, and isn't necessarily expensive but I've seen some rolls of black foam with adhesive that I thought might be a good choice for the Zs where two sheets don't meet.

Thanks in advance!