Gelcoat Repair Help Please

in to deep

Seaman
Hello

I have an old 1979 Orrion open bow 19 foot boat that I have working on for a Long Long LLOOONNNGG time now
been many time I though about pulling it out of the shop and torching the dam thing!!! would have been cheaper to buy a new boat at this point !! but I am in to deep at this point and it is a thing of determination at this point !! who will WIN me or the boat ??? but my wallet has called a security shop about installing a steel vault plate over it's opening

Gelcoat I have been fixing small nicks and chips and have had no problems !!
till I got to two spots on the side in the middle of the boat where two spot about the size of a coffee cup plate where the gelcoat cracked gust like the crack you get in your windshield.

Well I ground out the crack and ruffed the area up with 80 grit !! I got one of those evercoat match and patch kits then when down to napa auto and got one of there gelcoat cans and hardener

So I ground out the cracks then an air nozzle blow it all off then I have used acetone as prep clean and I have used what napa auto said to use Prep ALL. I have used both and get the same darn thing!
I have for two days now every time I mix the gelcoat It looks good ! clean it all down blow the area off with air
and the apply my gelcoat and right off the bat air bubbles in my gelcoat mix!!!!
I work the area trying to work out the air bubbles and then cover it with wax paper!!
I have applied the gelcoat to the to the boat the wax papered it then with a spatula spread it out
same thing air bubbles !!

now this boat has been in the shop well all summer it sat out in the yard soaking up the sun then back it the shop
so I know there is no water or moistier in the fiberglass

now for one thing I have noticed twice now I could use a small putty knife and crape off the gelcoat I put on
and let cure I do something wrong here ???

Thanks for any and All Help

Bill