Restoration ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjones69

Recruit
Ok so I'm new ish to boating ( been around boats my whole life but never owned one) anyway I am wanting to take on a boat project and I'm very mechanically savvy from working on automotive stuff.
​​​​​I am mainly wanting a small 2-4 person boat with big boat headers I want to be loud and throw up some 20+ ft rooster tails that being said I don't care to go over 70mph on water. I was thinking an old jet boat but maybe I'd be better off with the 70's style ski boats with the prop under the boat with a big rudder ( I think it's called v drive if I'm not mistaken)

tpenfield

Staff member
:welcome: to iBoats.

Are you looking for suggestions? :noidea: How much money do you want to spend between getting a boat and restoring it?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Wants are usually hampered with the thought of cash outlay...

No harm in dreaming, and even dreaming big. Otherwise we would have no dreams. However, to get what you're talking about requires a BIG engine with tons of capability. The fact that you work on vehicles is good.

But boats are a different breed of mechanical works. When looking for your "dream boat" remember, the boat has to be solid and sound. And merely looking over any boat will not show you their real structural condition. That takes educated boat structural knowledge about what is hidden underneath the pretty facade.

So get someone, that knows how to evaluate a boat, to go with you when looking at any prospectable boat purchase. Buyer beware is so important with boats. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.