1986 Glastron SSV-199 drainage?

wtloftin

Recruit
Hi, I’m a proud new owner of a Glastron SSV. I hope this is the correct forum to post this question. If not, please point me in the right direction. Right now, it’s on a slip in the lake and with all the rain we’ve been getting, the deck has filled up with a coup,e of inches of rain, but it doesn’t seem to be draining to the bilge. I know my float and bilge pump are working, as any water that gets into the bilge will be pumped out. But this water isn’t getting to the bilge and I can’t find any drains from the deck to the bilge or from the underseat storage at the stern, so there was water in the starboard storage box as well as a few inches on the deck. Before I go making anything worse, I just wanted to post here and see if I can find some suggestions on how to remedy this situation. Thanks in advance!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Get out of the slip onto a trailer with cover. At this point if your deck is holding water and see some water in compartments
you may be in for a rehab, a total rehab.
By getting it loaded on the trailer water should fun to your stern by gravity.
Take a lot of pics and post.

wtloftin

Recruit
I understand that. Getting it on a trailer soon is not an option for me at the moment, but I will definitely do this as soon as I can, which is probably a week or so away (waiting on hitch to be installed).

However, I’m not sure if it’s really answering my question. I’m a bit new to boats and I’m trying to figure out how this model boat was designed to drain. If someone with mid 80’s Glastron experience could chime in, I would really appreciate it.

If you have any clues, please let me know. I would like to know what to look for. What it should and shouldn’t be doing, etc. thanks!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Their are a lot of glastron rehabs here on the forum. You'll have to dig around. Also there is no-saying some prior owner didn't do a half a-- modification.
Call Glastron direct...………………..https://www.glastron.com/
Your answer will be found after it's out of the drink.

wtloftin

Recruit
where is the best place to find info on how the drainage systems are designed? I would like to get that information first so I can at least be informed about what I'm dealing with. thanks!

chevymaher

Commander
There isn't going to be anything on how they are designed. It even varies depending on who built that particular boat. In the bulge there will be a drain hole water is or should have been coming from if it is blocked. As a general rule it is just a hole drilled through bulkheads to allow water to pass. Not treated raw wood in the hole allowing water to absorb into the structure of the boat.

Here is a guy doing a modified version in a glasstron.