My HouseBoat Is Collapsing Under Me - Need Help Bad

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
...I'm sure glad it's over, it's been a long day...

There are no pictures to see what's really going on, but it seems like more to it than can be over in a day, especially of it never came out of the water. Please stay safe!

Picky fisher

Cadet
Best talk to that guy at that salvage yard and see if ya can buy a couple of pontoons for the sides! I would feel safer sleeping at night. it sounds like the boat is a drifting scow.

dezmond

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I doubt it was done even close to right. No way in one day. I hope he gets it pulled out and properly fixed.

chevymaher

Commander
This is exactly why everyone is concerned. If your sleeping well. Look under it same issue

zool

Captain
Looks like he'll be ok if he sleeps on the roof.........

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ok since I,m one of those glass half full kinda guys .Im thinking the op might could have done what he needed to do under deck before things went south .. Instead of jumping in and tearing everything apart he could have maybe installed some sort of temp bracing inside the hull to stabilize it . Then demo small sections and reglass new stringers in allowing for a lap joint each time . Like maybe a 4 or 6 foot section at a time .. But tearing it out at one time was destined for failure...