Jon boat w leaking rivits

nguyenhaongnam

Recruit
I have a small leak that isn't enough for bulge pump to pull water out,,, The Revit is just above where drain plug is in back of boat on the outside.... I filled back of boat until it came out of inside drain in middle of boat turned on bulge pump to make sure it is still working... Just bought 16ft Jon Boat with front and rear decking on it last fall.... My question is since revit doesn't seem loose can I apply a little 5200 around it and it cause it to seal enough to stop leaking... I mean its so small that you can barley see a small streak of water running down from this one revit.... Please let me know and if so where can I get some of this 5200 do they sale it in a relative small tube or do you have to buy it in like a paint can???

fishrdan

Admiral
Post up a picture of what you're dealing with. You may be able to just re-buck the rivet to seal it back up again.

If you go the 5200 route, it's available at Lowes or Home Depot, $7=8 for a small tube. Clean up the area extremely well, then squish the 5200 into where the rivet is leaking, with a bit around it to seal it up, inside and out.

Downwindtracker2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Until you seal and tighten the rivets, those big car wash sponges are just the ticket for the weeping.