1974 seastar (I think )

Chefnick

Cadet
This is my first boat I have ever owned and it needs a lot of work but from looking around on here I think I can do all the work so here it goes ....any help or input along the way is welcome and Appreciated thanks !!

Attachments

• photo303168.jpg
    photo303168.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Chefnick

Cadet
Shuld I remove the blue section of the boat to replace the runners and transom

Attachments

• photo303168.jpg
    photo303168.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

oldrem

Commander
To do a proper thorough job, the cap is usually removed. There are many good threads from those who have done it. Very important to take a zillion measurements along the way and properly support the hull to keep it from deforming or the cap won't go back on easily later.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
decap or dont bother, its just too difficult to do without de capping , then you wind up taking shortcuts !:0

Chefnick

Cadet
When you properly support the hull what's the best way to do that and what shuld I measur

steve_h7

Chief Petty Officer
When you properly support the hull what's the best way to do that and what shuld I measur

Here's a link to Austin's response when I asked the same question:

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boa...tringers-deck-transom?p=10665135#post10665135

Some of the videos on YouTube really help us that are brand new to this to see the process... check out jmink and friscoboater's garage just to name a couple. Here's Josh's (jmink) video series in which he builds a support for his hull in Vlog #4:

https://youtu.be/ldow-POe97A

When you have time sit and watch the whole thing... it really does help.
Good luck on your build!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Removing the Blue Top Cap is Not always required but...Depending on the size and configuration of your Splashwell (the middle section where the motor attaches) it might be necessary to get to the transom. It's also possible to cut the splashwell at the Gunwhales to achieve access.

Chefnick

Cadet
Got almost all the Hardware off also got the windshield off next is taking the Motor off then taking the cap off