1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well anyone who hasn't been on the water :)
Sadly i even had a jerk act like a jerk at the boat ramp, not sure what his problem was but Karma got him he fell in :) i warned him too, maybe that's what made him mad i tried to help him when he was backing down, he told me he knew wtf he was doing then got belligerent, funny part was he didint back down enough so couldn't get boat on trailer i stayed silent. so i tried walkin away till he threatened me then i walked over to dnr officer and asked her to check the guy since he seemed to be losing his **** ., it was dark and i was trying to be helpful,his girlfriend apologized, i guess she wont be with him for long , lol

chevymaher

Commander
Something about a boat ramp makes people evil and loud that is for sure. kayakers so far are the ones here. They seem to just go out of their way to be a PIA. In the water at the landing it don't matter. I been good so far. I feel like saying look pal I didnt get a boat that a fish jumping would upset the boat. And all that blocking the river so you cant get by stuff.

There is a kayak club on the river between the mouth of the river and the landing.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
if i take out trim tabs and slow it to 15 i can swamp kayaks :)

so second brass fitting on oil sender blew tonight, i am going steel from here on out and look for a different oil sender as this one never leaves 80 lol now for 3 days of de greasing bilge again ugh its bow high tonite dripping as much as i can into a pan then tomorrow i will fill bilge with greased lightening and cycle it through a few times, luckily i didn't dump it overboard with bilge pump ...
22 @ 4k isn't bad considering if i had a v8 id be faster but with gas prices rising not sure id wanna deal with that ill putt and maximize my fuel :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well didn't get out this weekend the wind was too much and Sunday nothing but rain today was birthday but wound up working late so missed it again ugh ! still thinking about upgrading engine so my cruise isn't wot on plane

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well as randy knows I have torn down a v6 in prepping for rebuild for the boat, i feel it will be more then enough to get thirty out of her or 25 or so with a couple people on board.heavy boat only good thing about it is she rids like a wooden boat and i like that :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Rides like wood huh.....

african-queen.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well i changed my mind again after tearing down 2 v6, i decided to go with a ls swap :) lil pricey but it will be nice to have fuel injection and diagnostics from the computer:) the engine i got had two broken exhaust manifold bolts so i am using alum to rot away the bolts out of the aluminum head , working so far 1 is almost completely gone leaving nice unblemished threads and second is getting there, money holding me back a tad so im doing other things while i get a part here and there, should have the last lower part i need so i can install in boat and get placement right, then its just exhaust manifolds i will be waiting on since they are pricey! starting with a 4.8 since its 290 hp and im running a alpha 1, but once i have all the parts if it ever goes i can easily drop in a 6.0 because all the parts are swappable:) either way i think 290 hp is more then enough for my boat:)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
and yet still idle like its supposed to while i troll, cool part is it is forcing me out of the dark ages and to learn ecm, and electronics for engines :)