1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
we can do a good rammin speed of 20!
in the back of my mind i keep checking the side mirrors for that naval destroyer that does 30 :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
grabbed 4 okuma MA-20DXTClick image for larger version  Name:	81v5OYGIBQL._SL1500_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	107253744 rods Shakespeare Tiger 6 ft rods medium and 3 lb test grabbed a Penn rod and reel combo as well for casting and found a couple of the old closed face rods and reels i had buried out back lol, my abu bait caster the rubber had turned soft on the button so it felt like mush so i will have to replace that one, as far as what i am fishing for , anything that bites the line
79e4de8d-87b9-48cf-8e46-d0f5b685c0d5_1.e64990bd26a652b83e9cbec05d31373e.jpeg
:)

zool

Captain
Those levelwinds are nice, I was running the smaller shimano tld's for a while, trolling for false albies and mahi.....I still like the spinning reels for bottom fishing too!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I sincerely Apologize for my Oversight Mick!!!
I keep trying to Tell everyone that I AM and Old Dumb Okie soo now you know!!!

Better late than never!!! It's Official Now!!! Thanks Kevin for Looking after me!!!.

iBoatsSplash.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I sincerely Apologize for my Oversight Mick!!!
I keep trying to Tell everyone that I AM and Old Dumb Okie soo now you know!!!

Better late than never!!! It's Official Now!!! Thanks Kevin for Looking after me!!!.

iBoatsSplash.jpg

my boating season is now under full swing :) thanks WOG!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
my biggest thing is guys last time i did any serious fishing was 1995 the year before i got married"fair warning anyone thinking of that" so i dont even know what bait to use in fla for what lol i got lots of reading to do :) im wanting to troll ICW by mantanzas inlet figured id be able to get some stuff around there maybe. not keen on going into Atlantic on a 21 footer lol

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Micky , you are in a really good fishing area .. If ya don’t have a cast net get one .. Fish like live bait .. :joyous:
Dead shrimp or cut bait works well too .. You should be able to catch Trout , Red Drum , Black Drum , blue fish , whiting ,croakers , flounder , and sheepshead if you can figure them out :lol: All up and down the ICW .. Do some cruising at low tide to mark sandbars so ya don’t run up on them at high tide .. Watch the other boats where they fish to get an idea of possible good spots .. Learning the tides and what bite when is the key .. One day I’ll figure that out ...:facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey when we come down there in August to camp we should make plans to go wet a line at least one day !
Should be fun weather we catch fish or not !

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Boat's looking really good Mick! Big congrats! Can't wait to hear about your fishing exploits!
Cheers........................Todd

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I been stringing reels today :) i need to make a rod holder for the shed to keep them neat and tidy :) I have been really pleased with boat besides lack of speed but then again i boat in a place that over half the area is 6 Knots restricted because of manatee so speed isn't extremely important yet.

zool

Captain
You'll be fine at 23 knts most of the time, alot of the time around here, its too rough to cruise much faster anyway..

If it were me, I'd find a smaller rotted speed boat with a merc 5.7 and drive, swap drive trains where th 3.0 will do some good, and not be overworked.....then you get to do another project, like you SAY you wont do :D

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
see its like you are making deals with my conscience , cause i been looking :) as i keep telling myself no you wont do another boat lol but strictly for the 57 and parts that come with it.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You'll be fine at 23 knts most of the time, alot of the time around here, its too rough to cruise much faster anyway..

If it were me, I'd find a smaller rotted speed boat with a merc 5.7 and drive, swap drive trains where th 3.0 will do some good, and not be overworked.....then you get to do another project, like you SAY you wont do :D

Goobs
how is your project coming along?