Measure twice cut once right..?

Jcsports

Recruit
First post on here so bare with me if I'm in the wrong spot.

Working on installing my wakeboard tower tonight I drilled a hole about 1/2" to high for my bolts so the back plates won't sit flush on the inside.. so I need to drill new holes another 1/2" down from the original holes. Any advice/tips on repairing the original holes? I'm terrified of it splintering up to. The front and back plate will cover the holes so cosmetically I'm not super worried about how it looks as long as it is strong.

Jcsports

Recruit
Fiberglass repair advice

Working on installing my wakeboard tower tonight I drilled a hole about 1/2" to high for my bolts so the back plates won't sit flush on the inside.. I need to drill new holes another 1/2" down from the original holes. Any advice/tips on repairing the original holes? I'm terrified of it splintering up to. The front and back plate will cover the holes so cosmetically I'm not super worried about how it looks as long as it is strong. The holes are 5/16" about 1" apart.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
It will most likely be fine, the plates will spread the load to the surrounding area as if the holes weren't even there.