Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool!

Comment

• Decided to install a remote trim switch at the transom yesterday... This was one of the best things I've ever done lol... I can't believe it took me so long, this is way better than having to climb in and out of the boat to raise and lower the trim when working on stuff. The other nice thing is, I used 10AWG wire and it takes battery power and switches it right to the trim motor, so if a solenoid ever goes bad, then I can still trim up the drive when trailering.. I've seen several people have their trim solenoids crap out on them while trailering at the ramp and didn't know what to do and drug their skegs across the parking lot lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200520_190734_copy_600x800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	10868153Click image for larger version

Name:	20200520_184207_copy_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	10868152

Comment

• Found your Youtube videos last night and this thread today. Epiq journey you are on. I'm doing something similar (although not nearly as detailed) with a 2003 Stingray 180LS. I got the party started with a broken starter bolt last spring. Having upholstery done now (no idea how you find time to do this). Anyway- I enjoy the hell out of your videos. Think I'll be doing a carb rebuild in a couple of weeks using them. Thanks for all the knowledge you've put out for consumption.
        Last edited by cchamp; May 21st, 2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Send me some info on that trim switch dealio. I read awile back someone did it and you just gave me a great reminder.
          Thanks!
          Kevin

Comment

• Originally posted by kcassells View Post
            Send me some info on that trim switch dealio. I read awile back someone did it and you just gave me a great reminder.
            Thanks!
            Kevin
            Working on the video lol

Comment

• Another vid? When you going to start charging?

Comment

• Too funny....site said unable to post.

Comment

Happy memorial day everyone... thank you to all our current and retired military and to all that have fought for our freedom to do things as dumb as restored old dirty boats...

Comment

Working...
                  X