Playbouy Yachtsman 24 Restoration

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Despite it raining most of the day, we were still able to make it out to Lake Olathe last night. We spent most of the morning working on building the front benches. I'm getting tired of using the inflatable couch up front.

Loaded up and ready to roll! That green is VIOLENT in person.

VIVAKpX.jpg

Lake Selfie!

b2sKtgi.jpg

Teaching the Admiral how to drive. She's doing a pretty damn good job! First mate is in his happy place.

ZMce6Em.jpg

Hope everyone else had a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

xUc8RUh.jpg

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
We started working on the front benches this week. They use similar dimensions to the rear bench, but are not quite as deep or long since we have the gates to contend with.

BPQU6Z2.jpg

4jtnqyz.jpg

OSh8cmz.jpg

And where we got as of last night. Goal is to have these done by Thursday night. We'll see.

FAAajeE.jpg

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
So, haven't gotten much work done, but did get a lot of lake time in. Went to Lake Olathe last Friday.

69XTExz.jpg

CbCwlfL.jpg

Then Saturday we spent all day at Clinton Lake.

jKBvOv8.jpg

d5m2g4h.jpg

F8aTF9M.jpg

I have friends coming in from out of town this weekend, so I've been getting ready for that, but should be getting back to work next week.

strokendiesel002

Petty Officer 1st Class
Awesome! You're doing it right by getting on the lake when time and weather permits! There'll be plenty ty of time to work on her when it's cruddy out! Looking great!

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Awesome! You're doing it right by getting on the lake when time and weather permits! There'll be plenty ty of time to work on her when it's cruddy out! Looking great!

That's exactly what we thought. Since all the mechanical stuff is done, might as well use it, since cosmetics can be done whenever.

Already planning out this Winter's big work. Biggest thing will be 3rd toon, and a new trailer to accomodate it. If I can swing the funds to get a 3rd log with an integrated transom, I'll be doing a repower as well. Then possibly underskinning and lifting strakes. End goal is a boat that can comfortably seat a dozen, and run 45 mph.

strokendiesel002

Petty Officer 1st Class
45 with a dozen on board?! You may want to try and find 2 logs with transoms and put those where your current ones are, then move 1 to the center and find 2 200 hp outboards!

I will be tagging along g the whole way whatever you choose to do, so long as I'm welcome!

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
45 with a dozen on board?! You may want to try and find 2 logs with transoms and put those where your current ones are, then move 1 to the center and find 2 200 hp outboards!

I will be tagging along g the whole way whatever you choose to do, so long as I'm welcome!

I've seen a couple guys on the pontoon groups pushing mid 50s with a single 300. Granted, I don't want both at the same time haha! I would be happy with a 250 taking me to 45.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Been a while since I've posted! Things have been pretty nuts on our end. The Admiral and I got married at the beginning of September, so that was exciting, but we're both glad things our back to our version of normal. Time to focus on working on the boat again!

Picked up this seat Sunday night. It will go opposite our rear bench, with the table in between. Also saves the floor space of having a cooler sitting around.

RoG7PgG
RoG7PgG
RoG7PgG.jpg

We also ended up taking of the hard top, as the weight of it was starting to crack our 31 year old aluminum fencing. We have it listed for sale locally, and plan to replace it with double bimini tops.

We've also decided that we want to add on a 3/4 length center toon for additional displacement. The expensive part of that is going to be a new trailer, since our current one could not handle that. I hope to find a decently priced bunk trailer, then hopefully sell or trade my existing one to find the middle log.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
[FONT=&quot]Had a pretty damn productive weekend. Mowed, trimmed, and raked the lawn. Oil and tranny fluid changes on all of our vehicles. New seats in the boat. Garage cleanout in progress. And still managed to hit the lake twice. Also got the hard top sold, and a new bimini ordered, which will hopefully be in sometime in the next week or so.

Maitlin and I got the new seat and table in Saturday.
[/FONT]

7OevFda

7OevFda.jpg

Dpy9XXU.jpg

E2VxLjF.jpg

q5556xK.jpg

Father in law and kiddo at Lake Olathe Saturday evening.

ldshfEy.jpg

Squad

SMqlrIX.jpg

v5g4N2w.jpg

Dpy9XXU

E2VxLjF

q5556xK

Last edited:

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Got the new bimini in yesterday. Assembled it in the garage last night. Seems very well built for what it costs. I hope to get it mounted on Saturday morning.

qidH4Oc.jpg

9aqiEXk.jpg

ORiBTnB.jpg

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Got the new Bimini top installed on Saturday.

IbkBYTy.jpg

xR6igDH.jpg

axdmvNs.jpg

And then had to go and test it out yesterday afternoon.

PLwOuFN.jpg

joFz38H.jpg

Kasey caught a monster.

4jvRKOa.jpg

ZM0zGUj.jpg

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
So, it's been a little while since I've updated last. We've been busy with work and life in general, but recently we got some time to get back to working on the boat. After having our rear bench on for most of the season, we removed it to make some improvements.

We had the bench base sitting directly on the floor of the pontoon. This was a problem, as any water that would run across the deck while underway would become trapped, causing the base to slightly warp. We applied several more coats of sealant, and bought some 1/3" rubber feet for the bases to sit on. They don't look much higher, but it's enough that water will fully drain.

We also noticed our cushions did not hold up well. We didn't use enough foam, so the hard wood edges were starting to wear on the vinyl. Also, water was entering through the seams and staples. We tore off the vinyl, added more foam, especially around the edges and corners, LOTS more sealant, and stapled it back on. We have some "flex seal" esque tape arriving this week that we will used to seal the staples and seams.

Jx33E2z.jpg

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Pardon our messy basement. Another shot of applying sealant to the existing base, and the new ones.

ySmZNpo.jpg

Additional sealant going on to one of the rear bench cushions.

4tINP2O.jpg

Two new cushion bases getting sealed.

0LkR1EC.jpg

Foam being applied to one of the new front benches.

KIlkhCi.jpg

another angle

5ISLINB.jpg