1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

Willyclay

Captain
Pin a "Bounce" dryer sheet to your shirt or hat. Works over here at The Edge of America!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Napalm works....... its also a good way to get rid of styrofoam without it getting out of the landfills and into the water ways

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I'll have to try the dryer sheets ... Woody the citronella candles don't work on these things . Scott's idea sounds fun but may be a little extreme ..:lol: If I could get a really cold day right after a warm day that might kill a good number of them .
Skin so soft is about the only thing that keeps them from biting. But it makes ya smell like a you know what .. :facepalm:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Napalm works....... its also a good way to get rid of styrofoam without it getting out of the landfills and into the water ways

Hmmm... Napalm? I have seen that in action and it may be a tad harsh for getting rid of bugs!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
from experience, its only a short-term solution on fire ants.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
fire ants are fun i take a scoop from one mound place on the other sit back and watch them destroy each other:) lessens the odds of me fighting two tribes of ants :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I gotta get back on this project ! That is if I want to haul it down to the next Dora show . Finally about to wrap up the building I’ve been on for the past year .. working on punch list now probably have the CO in a few weeks ..
Already told the boss I want at least a week off before I start any big new projects ... We’ll I requested it .lol!
Over 90 deg in the garage so I’m gunna install a window AC unit to cool it down a bit .. Hopefully get the bottom ready for paint soon .
Cheers guys !!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I'm going to call the architect on that project and recommend a second punch list.......

:bounce:

Just kidding, hopefully the punch and CO go smoothly!

I would highly recommend the AC.....I put a 2 ton window unit in the hangar which keeps it about 84 or so when its 100, but more than anything it dehumidifies it a lot! I have to keep my divider curtain closed, but that is why I put it in. I want to put in a 5 ton package unit eventually, but don't have the time or money right now. But despite the window units being undersized, I keep asking myself why the hell didn't I do this sooner!

Looking forward to seeing new updates!

zool

Captain
Construction has a way of creeping and consuming...grab the boat time when u can get it!...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Tell your Boss, that the iBoats Crew DO APPROVE of your vacation request soo there should be no issues!!!:D:D:D:faint2:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks guys ! Arch I think we are working on our 3rd punch list so far and change orders for the last month .. Happens every time they let the doctors and nurses walk around the building .. Patches on top of patches from moving stuff . LOL !
Took them for ever to get the HVAC system figured out .. Ceiling tiles floating around everywhere ! :lol:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I feel your pain on the nurse / dr tour thing......:facepalm: we are in construction of a 14,000 s.f. 2 story office building for a surgeon. We only tweaked the design for 4 years before construction......I love the Dr, but for Christ sake, look at the freaking 150 pages drawings I sent you! He calls me one day and says, " I took your advice and finally walked the building today, and there are windows in a few rooms that I don't want windows in.....didn't realize that they were there till today". Exterior walls are 90% complete and we are roughing in the walls on the inside.........call the contractor, have the glass changed to spandrel, windows framed in on the inside...."yes just send me the change order I'll sign it". Oh and then there was changing the balcony and grand stair guard rails to structural glass (had to add red iron after the fact), move all the TVs 3 times in the exam rooms (nurses), added TVs....think the superintendent considered killing the goofis AV guy, lol! More art lights (on lighting controls), floor boxes (after slab was poured), etc........

Sound about right lol? That is why I went on vacation too!:bounce:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i just stood at job site for 9 hrs waiting on a inspector, feel my pain?
lol

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yeah hospitals and medical buildings are the worst .. We are laying out this fancy wire sculpture artwork that will hang from the main lobby ceiling using cad drawings and our Hilti robotic layout machine . The artist was supposed to be on site with templates to start installing the mounts in the ceiling Monday . So last Friday we laid it out on the finished floor to be ready .
Well no one let me know that he getting pushed back a couple weeks . Big wig party scheduled for tomorrow and of coarse they can’t have little pieces of blue tape on the terrazzo and the fancy 90 grand section of custom carpet all over the floor ..
So I guess we have another 130 points to re-layout next week sometime ..
Just a little heads up would have been nice .:rolleyes:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
If they mention "artist" my fee usually doubles, or I decide we are to "busy" to do the project lol!