195? 17' Pacific Mariner Cutlass restoration

Cutlass18

Cadet
Hey all, I'm new here, but not new to this old boat.I saved her from destruction about a dozen years ago, and after one poorly done floor replacement (i was just out of high school and didn't know what i was doing), I've decided its time to do a full floor, stringer, hopefully not transom replacement. So far most of the floor is out, and the engine is off, and I'm getting ready to tackle the stringers. any help along the way would be much appreciated. my first question is on dealing with the stringers. I've ready that i shouldn't be taking them all out unless i can get the hull better supported than what the trailer provides. since I'm leaving the cap on, does that leave enough structure to keep things rigid, or should i be pulling the stringers one at a time, replacing it along the way? My other question is about the bow photo. the plywood that made the cockpit sole continues forward of that rise. I was somehow expecting it to be hollow. that wood is damp, but otherwise feels solid. I'm not quite sure what to expect if i remove that bow area, so i'm hoping to avoid it if at all possible. Also, sorry for the poor photo quality. I'll get better ones up tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo250706.png
    photo250706.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo251620.png
    photo251620.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo251622.png
    photo251622.png
    921.9 KB · Views: 0