1995 Crownline Interior restoration....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey All, Ive seen several discussions lately on vinyl replacement and restoration of seats and such....I thought it might be a good topic for one of my customers re-do. He has a 1995 Crownline 202br, that he got for a song. (Im sorta jealous, love those boats) He is redoing the substructure/floor/transom and such, much like the typical threads we see here. I am doing the interior for him...

Here is what we are starting with....Ill be using JUKI 562 and a singer 15-91. Mid grade vinyl, and V92 thread.

Here is what we have to start with...

More on the next post..

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Couple more...

I will try to show what i use and how I do each piece.... let me know if you have tip or suggestions, I have done all of these pieces individually, but this is my first entire boat.....

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The bow seats backs and the captain chairs have me worried.....the dang inside corners!!!

tpenfield

Staff member
You are certainly the right person for the job. Looking forward to your updates. :thumb:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hmmm, don't think I've ever seen a Juki with a big hand wheel like that before. What's up with that???:D;)

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
HAHA, WoG, some dumb Okie made it for me!!! It is actually fantastic....you see, I could nowhere stitch as fast as that machine is capable of...I put a 1"5/8th pulley (down from 3.5) on the drive motor and went from a 5" handwheel to the huge 7.5" (I think it was) one you see here. All in the effort to slow the machine sown and provide better control-ability. It works fantastically!!!!!

If you have questions on the wheel, hit up WoG....

I ordered the material today for the crownline.. 15yds of Brilliant white and 5 yds of the royal blue. 15 yards of 1/4 scrim foam and 25 yards of hidem. 4, 4oz spools of DABOND UVR POLY MARINE THREAD V92. (2 of each color) a 10 pack of Schmetz 135x117 # 20 needles. Ill let you know how close the orders were when complete.

Have a good rest of your Sunday... [h=1][/h]

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
For the record, I am NOT a professional, so you guys that are, feel free to pipe in and let me know if Im going down the wrong path.

Here is the last customers stuff...the colors are the same for this boat.

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OK, so here we go... all materials are in and it time to get rolling...deconstruction! The customer needs the side panels first.

I hate pulling staples..

old vinyl is almost off..

I just used a sharpened 2 in putty knife to seperate the foam from the rotten plywood..

Thats it for a school night..

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
How are/do the front Seat cushions and sun deck are held down?
Is it just by the weight? Or is it by some snaps?

I have heard of them flying out sometimes.

Getting ready to start my non-existence upholstery!
I have a blank canvas.

Keep it going

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The bow seas are just held in by friction, the sundeck is hinged on the aft side and had a pole that holds it up...

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
A bit of a updates from yesterday...

First coat of WoodonGlass's "old timer formula" wood sealent applied....second coat today..

Hopefully I can get some of the foam reapplied today and stretch some new vinyl...

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Some more from yesterday...

Fitted on the old carcass....

I use a compass to add the extra material for the selvedge edged or the wrap around material.

I use this to glue the foam back on....

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
So the foam is on a Im starting to wrap the accent pieces....I loosely tack the vinyl on the structure to make sure its centered over the entire piece...then start stretching and stapling. Here is how I did the corners...

I pulled the material from the apex of the corner...

Then I pull/stretch/staple the "ear" that is created on each side of the first staple...

Then all of the excess material can be trimmed back to just outside of the staples.

Last edited: