The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

MikDee

Banned
Is the upgrade still progressing? Or are we done?

A couple things I noticed, 1) There is no "New Topics" on the top of the home page, I know it was there for a few days, but it's been gone awhile now. I know there's a link at the bottom of the page, but I have to scroll down to the page bottom each time I log on.to get there. 2) I just noticed there is no "New Thread" button at the top of this page either, and I think newbies are confused by this, and don't know how or where to start a new thread? I noticed a few were tagging, or piggybacking, onto other people threads for an answer to their own issues. Finally can the "New Topics" thread page counter be moved from the top, to the bottom of the page? As it is now, you are left at the bottom of the page after reading each new thread topic, then you have to scroll to the top of the page to turn to the next page, and are left there at the top again, to read down each page, then scroll up again to turn the page, and are left there again at the top. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'm still getting error messages when I try to post a reply, and even if I hit the refresh button, it drags on like dial up before finally posting.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Is the upgrade still progressing? YES Or are we done? NO

A couple things I noticed, 1) There is no "New Topics" on the top of the home page, I know it was there for a few days, but it's been gone awhile now. I know there's a link at the bottom of the page, but I have to scroll down to the page bottom each time I log on.to get there. FIX STILL IN PROGRESS 2) I just noticed there is no "New Thread" button at the top of this page either, and I think newbies are confused by this, and don't know how or where to start a new thread? I noticed a few were tagging, or piggybacking, onto other people threads for an answer to their own issues. IT SEEMS NOT ONLY NEWBIES ARE CONFUSED, YOU CAN"T START A NEW TOPIC WITHIN A TOPIC. A NEW TOPIC CAN ONLY BE STARTED AT THE FORUM LEVEL, IN THIS CASE "iboats-forum and website-issues", WHERE THE "+ NEW TOPIC" BUTTON IS. Finally can the "New Topics" thread page counter be moved from the top, to the bottom of the page? As it is now, you are left at the bottom of the page after reading each new thread topic, then you have to scroll to the top of the page to turn to the next page, and are left there at the top again, to read down each page, then scroll up again to turn the page, and are left there again at the top. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. FIX STILL IN PROGRESS - TOP AND BOTTOM BOTH HAVE BEEN REQUESTED.

By the way, I'm still getting error messages when I try to post a reply, and even if I hit the refresh button, it drags on like dial up before finally posting. SEE THE FIRST TWO QUESTIONS

Please don't take the caps as shouting, Mik - Only for visibility, same as the red. I'll have to look on our list, but your question about new topics has me thinking maybe a different label is would be better. Like "Start A Topic" or Start A New Topic"

MikDee

Banned
Please don't take the caps as shouting, Mik - Only for visibility, same as the red. I'll have to look on our list, but your question about new topics has me thinking maybe a different label is would be better. Like "Start A Topic" or Start A New Topic"

I can understand the red, but Why the caps then G-A?

I was browsing through the "New Topics" list and thought to myself, Wait, how can I post a new thread here, there's no heading, or button for a "new thread"?
If I was new here, and didn't know to go to the Forums page, I'd be tagging on to another thread that was already there, even if my question didn't pertain to the original thread, just hoping to get an answer? And as we both know, that thread would usually get lost in the shuffle.

As far as the "New Topics" link on the homepage, I know it was there on top for a few days, then just suddenly disappeared again, quite awhile ago. I just figured that "Fix" was in to stay at the time?

[/QUOTE]

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I explained the caps and the red. Look at the jammed together thing the quote turned into. That's why I have to put these divider lines in. I wasn't going to mess up your quote with them.
So your cruising through a list of new topics in all forums and you want to start a new topic, what forum is the new topic supposed to go into? If you are new here, we ask that you read a little before posting or starting a new topic.
Obviously you forget the other problems that were triggered when New Topics was added, that's why I said a fix is in progress. We're trying, unfortunately a simple patch for a problem is sometimes causing more serious ills, so the fix/patch has to be backed out.

r.j.dawg

Ensign
I explained the caps and the red. Look at the jammed together thing the quote turned into. That's why I have to put these divider lines in. I wasn't going to mess up your quote with them.
So your cruising through a list of new topics in all forums and you want to start a new topic, what forum is the new topic supposed to go into? If you are new here, we ask that you read a little before posting or starting a new topic.
Obviously you forget the other problems that were triggered when New Topics was added, that's why I said a fix is in progress. We're trying, unfortunately a simple patch for a problem is sometimes causing more serious ills, so the fix/patch has to be backed out.

:thumb: +1..

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
is it me, or does posting again take a long time. I find myself forcing a refresh every time, and I am getting the database error 90% of the time. I thought we were past these issues.

Ending todays vent. thanks for listening

tpenfield

Staff member
Once in a while, I will get a post that takes cleanly. for the most part, still the long time and the error condition. So, no much has really changed over the past few weeks. Lately, I just open the thread on another window to see that my post has been added, etc., rather than wait.

java230

Petty Officer 1st Class
At least the new topic/posts buttons are back and working!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not a rant, just a test. Seeing if I have paragraphs. There's a rumor going around that I might.....

So this is the big test.

I really hope it works.

Will know in a few seconds.......

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Test....

this is only a test

if this had been an actual emergency, further instructions on grabbing the cooler of beer, a flash light, bag of snacks and directions to the nearest bomb shelter would have followed.

this concludes the test

FWIW, this post appeared to go thru in about 1 second after hitting post

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
I'm getting intermittent fast and slow posts. Better'n it's been ... not what I'd like ... can live with it ;)

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I agree, something amiss in the fuel department. its surging a bit just off idle......:lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
1st time today, my last reply was posted fairly quick (w/ pix, 3sec +/-) AND no error. Had a few of 1 or the other, but I don't think any w/ pix posted quick &/or with no errors earlier.

I think my fuel filter may have sediment build up from the last system purge clogging the outlet side :watermelon: Can I run some AV gas thru it & a couple cans of octane boost? Or do I risk some serious back fire?
fart.jpg~c200

southkogs

Staff member
... Can I run some AV gas thru it & a couple cans of octane boost? Or do I risk some serious back fire?
Maybe trim-tabs on your keyboard would help the post get on the forum a little quicker? :D