The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member
I haven't been posting from my android phone much lately, but yesterday & today all of my phone posts are run on paragraphs. New paragraph: And it seems like my phone, my cell provider or the forum servers are updating the page while I'm typing a reply. Sort of like the software is pinging my device to see if I'm still using the connection or something. Sort of like its trying to log me out or to free up the bandwidth I'm using. New paragraph: Jittery is the best way to describe it New paragraph: None of my last5 phone posts went thru error free. They all got the error msg letting me know site admin had been notified. Have a good week fellas. Hopefully the mountain is getting smaller, or you're at least nearing the last push to the summit. Thanks

jbcurt00

Staff member
That post ^^^ went thru no error from my phone, save no paragraphs. But I couldn't get edit to work so I could post the no error comment.

tpenfield

Staff member
That post ^^^ went thru no error from my phone, save no paragraphs. But I couldn't get edit to work so I could post the no error comment.

Yea, I cannot get paragraphs to take from my mobile devices . . . it does not seem to recognize the carriage return character. Nor can I edit a post from a mobile device. . . . of course that is the time when I seem to need to edit the most, due to the auto-correct feature, which sometimes re-interprets words, etc. :facepalm:

Overall, I have seen an uptick in the number of error-free postings in the past few days.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
this morning has been tough for me almost every one returns an error.

rj

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Trying paragraphs from a FIRE

EDIT - It's important to say what device/platform you're using when reporting problems like this. All mobile devices are not created equal. That's why I said Fire, so support isn't trying to fix working device.

BTW - Paragraphs and Edit work OK in this tablet. I can even :), some mobiles can't do smilies. :blue:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

One way to make paragraph-like separators is to use the Advanced Editor Insert Horizontal Line feature. To activate the Advanced Editor, click the big underlined A beside the jack-o-lantern;

Next click the Insert Horizontal Line icon;

AEdet.JPG

That does this;
Not as pretty or clear as a paragraph, but text is broken up into readable chunks.
This is just a temporary work-around until support kicks this bug to the curb. :joyous:

Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
I haven't been posting from my android phone much lately, but yesterday & today all of my phone posts are run on paragraphs. New paragraph: And it seems like my phone, my cell provider or the forum servers are updating the page while I'm typing a reply. Sort of like the software is pinging my device to see if I'm still using the connection or something. Sort of like its trying to log me out or to free up the bandwidth I'm using. New paragraph: Jittery is the best way to describe it New paragraph: None of my last5 phone posts went thru error free. They all got the error msg letting me know site admin had been notified. Have a good week fellas. Hopefully the mountain is getting smaller, or you're at least nearing the last push to the summit. Thanks

The "pinging" you are noticing is most likely the auto-save feature that stores the current post information in the database every 20 seconds I believe.

The spacing isn't working correctly on most mobile devices, my iPhone 5 did not have paragraph formatting either. I let the IT guys know and they are working on a fix for that.

So far it looks like the paragraph formatting works fine on computers

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, thanks GA & Toneeese........ GA, I just noticed, on my HTC EVO android, using whatever browser it comes w/, I don't even have the underlined A icon. Just smilies & the attachment icons @top right corner. Camera & link thingy @top left....... Hmmmm...

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Yep, thanks GA & Toneeese........ GA, I just noticed, on my HTC One android, using whatever browser it comes w/, I don't even have the underlined A icon. Just smilies & the attachment icons @top right corner. Camera & link thingy @top left....... Hmmmm...

That's one for the IT guys, JB. I don't have a smartphone. Just a simple one for calling 911 after the Admiral connects with the cast iron skillet. :fish::phone:

jbcurt00

Staff member
That's one for the IT guys, JB. I don't have a smartphone. Just a simple one for calling 911 after the Admiral connects with the cast iron skillet. :fish::phone:
Checked again, nope, no underlined A. Odd... Never noticed it missing, but like I said I haven't been posting from my phone until just the last few days.

I tried to use some periods............................ and spaces to create paragraphs since I didn't have the advanced formatting icon, and a couple carots <<<<<<<<<.... but the iboats software redacted everything after my hmmmm...............>>>>>>>>>

I do have preview on my phone's browser, so I should have used it when I tried to add pagination. Preview seems to have left my added formatting intact.

GA_Boater

I noticed before returns were working for me, preview showed an as-typed page. However after posting, the returns were stripped. It was so bad, it stripped returns from a quoted message. So replies with quotes were double stuffed.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Is anybody else getting the error when using an ampersand instead of spelling out the word AND?

If I use the preview Button, and have any &'s in my post, they get converted to &amp in text.. I don't think it happens unless I use the Preview button.

Still no underlined A @ my HTC Evo android cellphone

And the lag & error @posting is back w/ a vengeance this evening

I'll post this via the preview button, see if it converts that ampersand or leaves it.......

EDIT: Nope, didn't convert it, absolutely NO lag posting, and no error

jbcurt00

Staff member
Both posts couldn't have posted faster, no error posting or w/ the ampersand............. Thanks fellas.

Perhaps all those long hours rummaging around in vB's code is starting to pay off. Nice work. Thanks

jbcurt00

Staff member
Is anybody else getting the error when using an ampersand instead of spelling out the word AND?

If I use the preview Button, and have any &'s in my post, they get converted to &amp in text.. I don't think it happens unless I use the Preview button
Well at least 1 other person is getting the ampersand 'mod':
Stringer drain advice: First. Woodonglass, those are great drawings & advice on stringer & transom build. Re my 1983 Cajun Bass Boat 16' 8" restore.....{text redacted to shorten quote}.... Herb

GA_Boater

Of course it worked. :grumpy: I mean :rolleyes:. It's sometimes right JB? I see some OK and some with &amp. And this is on your HTC Evo Droid phone?