The Hunt is on for a sleekcraft ambassador hull.....

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer
Re: The Hunt is on for a sleekcraft ambassador hull.....

LOL. That assumption would be correct.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I was just watching Jay's video....gives me the itch to get started on another project! I just need to be patient and find the right project. I really want a complete overhaul, tear it down to nothing and start over....should keep you guys entertained for a year or so, lol!

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Something like this one?

I know this is an old ad but is that the shape you are looking for but you want worse lol........click on the video on the page I could not isolate it...but ya never know he may still have it but it is a jet

Well I see I may have to get some of my crafty work ready for ya when you find this project.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Lol, I think Matt might know something about that video! I'll keep you in mind for sure when I find a hull, lol! I have been looking at gelcoat videos tonight.....someone needs to make a good how to, most of them are bits and pieces.....nothing on full hull redos.....there maybe a reason for that, lol!

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

Something like this one?

I know this is an old ad but is that the shape you are looking for but you want worse lol........click on the video on the page I could not isolate it...but ya never know he may still have it but it is a jet

Well I see I may have to get some of my crafty work ready for ya when you find this project.

LOL. That is my video. I see it happen all the time on CL. Someone grabs pics of an item and uses them for a scam. Not real sure why they used my vid is in that ad. if you click on contact it takes you to an ebay auction for a completely different looking boat.

Considering I paid $800 for that boat, I bet that is exactly the type of project Bobby is looking for but with an I/O instead of a jet. LOL.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I think its just your Hollywood video skills that get it posted everywhere....lol! Yes the "fixer upper" is up my alley...I'm just a little picky about items that have been "fixed". I was reading one that talked about the wiring has been completely redone....might be a great job...but I would rather do it myself!

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was just looking at the condition and asking.....but now that I got some of the story it is rather intresting that it keeps floating around.

BTW this is who is doing my glass and gel coat work for trade of my 188, 302 and 888 stern drive. I can ask Scott if he has any info on a total re-gel and see what he says, BTW i can do gel but I suck at color match, besides the price is right....lol. Check out his work and let me what you think. His son has a shop just down the road from me and I can't wait to get the bow and a couple of spots fixed on my boat. Well and get rid of some parts in the garage as well.......kind of sick of looking at them.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

That looks like a good project....only thing is it would take me a week and about $1000 in gas to go get her! Hopefully something like that will pop up around here. Thanks, let me know if you come across something in the midwest.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I called, but got voice mail....I left a message. I'm kind of confused by the ad, I guess he has sold the trailer? I'm not sure how I would get it back without a trailer. I can see myself explaining to the highway patrol why I have a 26' boat on a 16' flat bed trailer! If the gel on it is decent, I could just paint over that brown wood grain....fill in the windows.....I could probably talk my freind Don into running down there with his 30' trailer and freight liner...but that sounds like a lot of fuel!

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

That is what I took from the ad. He sold the trailer already but still has the hull for $300 and a small block Chevy for $1200. I bet you can find a trailer to rent. I have a friend with a boat repair shop in Atoka. He may have something you could use if you can strike a deal on the boat. I may also have someone near Conroe that could go look it over and get some better pics for ya. Hell for $300 I don't know that it matters as long as you can find a way to get it home.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey if you have someone down there that could take a look at it that would be great! I would be happy to pay them for their time.....I will spend more on going down there than the cost of the boat. I also need to check into the out of state title, seems like there are some hoops to jump through on that. I'll let you know if I hear back from the owner. There is a boat salvage in Shawnee, I might call them about a trailer tomorrow. Why can I see myself welding bunk brackets in the parking lot at Motel 6? lol!

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

LOL. Let me know if you hear back from him and I will hit up my southern boat buddies to get someone to put an eyeball on it for ya. ;)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

By the way everyone, BigBoatinOkie and I are having a meet up at Lake Eufaula OK again this year. Anyone is welcome to attend, we are meeting at the island / the cut close to the dam. I will post a pic with our location marked on it once the date gets closer. Everyone is welcome, PM me if you are interested. We are going to hang out and enjoy the sun / water, just an informal get together. Hopefully we can talk BBO into cooking again! He is the master of the hot dogs and hamburgers! The date is Aug 20th, sometime around noon.

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well if your flat bed has a wooden deck you could bring some lumber and cradle the hull and lay pads over the cradle, been there and done that one. But hope it work out for ya either way if you purchase.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

We'll we will find out one way or another, lol! Matt I just got to thinking, I could get you to measure your bunk locations if I find a trailer, then I could set them up before I head down there.....then beat to fit, paint to match if required down there. At this point I guess its up to them to give me a call back. I'm not sure on the engine, I think I would like to find a donor boat with engine / drive, then build a 383 stroker for it.

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

I'd pass on the motor he has as well. I'd much rather build my own. If it comes to it I can measure my bunks. They may be different though. That boat is the newer 26' Ambassador so it is a foot longer and a few inches wider than mine. Should be pretty close though.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I figure it should be close enough to slide her on the trailer and get her home. Once I have her home I could get the trailer ship shape. I wish Mick was still on here, I can just hear him bitching about me working on the trailer instead of the boat :D. The trailer and tires are what I always worry about anyhow, so this might be better. If I can find a trailer I could go through the bearings / seals and put new tires on it before going to pick it up.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Tried calling the number again...still no answer..