Still need a motor :(

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Still need a motor :(

So, let me tell you guys how not to look like a fool at the boat launch... After you change the impellor make dang sure you check forward and reverse gears before you drop it in the water. You have no idea how stupid I looked in the water with a motor that doesn't move :facepalm:!! On the flip side it took me only 10 mins to pull the boat out of the water drop the lower end and align the shift linkage up properly:D. So the Video that says first run is actually the second lol. The second run was just me feeling out the trim, the 3rd run is where I think I have it to the point where it climbs out of the water and planes in seconds.

My next run will be wed and I hope to have my tach up by then so I can see what we are revving at, need to figure out if this stainless prop is good for me or not. My Trim is very simple, 2 buttons right by the throttle controls, one up and one down. Didnt bother with the trailer button.

Cheers Rick (Haapy Wife = Happy life!)

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking good Chevyboy454,
Is that the new trolling motor sitting neatly beside the tower?

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yessir Don't wanna paddle again ;) Did test forward and reverse on that one before I put the boat in the water ;)

Got to find a better way to mount it as it makes steering kind of tight. I threw it on just in case.

Rick.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Great job Rick, guess you will be kicking my butt now !!!!:D
Looking good.
Where were you ????

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

And what's with the haircut ????? :D
Hardly recognised you !!!!:eek:

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll bet you forgot all about those Johnnyrudes already haven't you.There's nothing like a big old black girl back there singing and twitching.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Cooked eh!?!?! At what temp, how do you think it would taste? So with all my frustration, and spending all day at work stewing over what could be wrong. I spent a little time on the main wiring harness and Houston we have lift off. Tower of Power is a runner, and sounds friggin wicked. Now do I put it on my boat or sell it? Here is a vid of it starting a runing, I did try not to throttle it up too much on the stand but this thing is real touchy!! Idles like a dream, seems to have a slight prostate issue with sputtering pee, but I haven't looked at the water pump yet. Pretty sure my Lower end is the same as this one right? If not Should I use any specific lower end lube seeing as to how it's a much bigger motor? Still have some wiring I need to address before I do anything and then there is my shift cable problem.

Still don't know what ima gonna do yet. Sure wish I had a nice 115 Johnny/Rude with power trim instead, Would be a shame to mount all this merc crap just to want to change it out again.

Rick.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/rleblond/Doral TRX/?action=view&current=Picture.mp4

Hardly any paint left on it !!!! I think a bitter taste !!!!:D

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Would still prefer a J.R. but for now this big old beast will do. Does give one hell of a hole shot though, I count 3 seconds from flat to full plain, Now I just need to figure out a tach for it so I can see what I'm at. Ran a wire from my coil to the tach in my dash but nothing. I suspect it's no good. I'll have a look tomorrow to see what we carry as a temp tach. Got the trim re-blead tonight as it seemed a bit sluggish the other day, Greased all the fittings too and moved my wiring up to the second hole in the rear of the boat and sealed up the lower hole where the steering linkage goes through as it seems on quick stops it appears my boat likes to take in a little water, this motor is quite a bit heavier then the old one. If I'm going to keep this I'm really going to need that plate for the transom Ken, even if it's a rough cut I can finish it here to fit nice :)

Looking forward to Wed to get back out on the lake. (or as some would call it "Pittock puddle")

Cheers Rick.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Would still prefer a J.R. but for now this big old beast will do. Does give one hell of a hole shot though, I count 3 seconds from flat to full plain, Now I just need to figure out a tach for it so I can see what I'm at. Ran a wire from my coil to the tach in my dash but nothing. I suspect it's no good. I'll have a look tomorrow to see what we carry as a temp tach. Got the trim re-blead tonight as it seemed a bit sluggish the other day, Greased all the fittings too and moved my wiring up to the second hole in the rear of the boat and sealed up the lower hole where the steering linkage goes through as it seems on quick stops it appears my boat likes to take in a little water, this motor is quite a bit heavier then the old one. If I'm going to keep this I'm really going to need that plate for the transom Ken, even if it's a rough cut I can finish it here to fit nice :)

Looking forward to Wed to get back out on the lake. (or as some would call it "Pittock puddle")

Cheers Rick.

The pittock pond eh !!!
I will check on the plate today. I am heading for England tomorrow for a couple of weeks but will contact you this evening.