Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Added ;)

txmntman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok, here is one from me.....a before and after pictures....
I got it a little over a year ago, and worked on it through last spring. It runs ok, and has put in some time pulling a tube this past summer

Attachments

• before headon.jpg
    before headon.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
  • after top port.jpg
    after top port.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
  • after top aft.jpg
    after top aft.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
  • before interior.jpg
    before interior.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=282503&highlight=foam

The DANA B will be done shortly

JAmi002-1.jpg

jennis9

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gentlemen I have been collecting a list just from the restoration forum....... Seem like we have quite a following :D:D
Once the armament is mounted we could take over a small country :eek: :p

You forgot joeyplummley!

sheboyganjohn

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here is my $600 project a 1973 Capri. The motor and some keel work are on order this year. Future years will be the floor and trasom as needed. (and no that is not my shop, it is where I bought it from. My shop is a gravel patch in the back yard)

starcraftfrontquarter.jpg

starcraftrearquarter.jpg

starcraftinterior.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

sheboyganjohn, you and I have the same motor. We dumped a good amount of money into ours to get it running (it sat for many years before I acquired it) but that was 4 years ago and it's been running great ever since. Good luck with your boat. Click the link in my profile for some pictures and video of mine.

sheboyganjohn

I am hoping it won't be too much for my motor. It has good compression but does not fire. When I got it the battery was low so it might just need a charging. I already picked up all new coils for it and a new rectifier (found them all for cheap on E-bay). It is also a reverse stealth motor. It is a 135hp that had the powerhead changed to a 115. It is still not good weather for working on the motor up here, as soon as I can get a day above 45, no rain, and no wind I will get at it.

gi007

Cadet

Hi,
Starcraft is the boat for me :D !!!!!

We have a 1971 15' Starcraft Delray W/ 40 hp Johnson, not much info out there for this boat, also would like to find out about adding some interior side panels. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Have A Great Day !!!!!

ddrieck

Hello All,
Thought I'd add a before pic of my old 1978 Starcraft Super Sport. This is a view of how I found it. A guy I work with had it sitting beside his garage for about 10 years. It had 2, yes 2, feet of wet slimy stinking leaves on the deck as well as 4 foot russian thiscles that were rooted into the deck wood. Sorry I dont have a picture of the thiscles. .

We had a few days of 60 degree weather so I started the job of putting on a different outboard. Got everything uncovered, the old Merc removed, and it snowed.:eek: Dang Murphy, It's ganna take for ever to thaw out and dry up so I can get the cover back on. Oh well, guess I'm just ready fro spring fishing:D

Attachments

• Before Resto.jpg
    Before Resto.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Snow--3-28-2009.jpg
    Snow--3-28-2009.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I am hoping it won't be too much for my motor. It has good compression but does not fire. When I got it the battery was low so it might just need a charging. I already picked up all new coils for it and a new rectifier (found them all for cheap on E-bay). It is also a reverse stealth motor. It is a 135hp that had the powerhead changed to a 115. It is still not good weather for working on the motor up here, as soon as I can get a day above 45, no rain, and no wind I will get at it.

Mine needed coils, powerpack, and carbs rebuilt to get it going. Had some issues with it our first or second trip out and it then went back and got a new stator and fuel pump. Since then though it's been golden. It doesn't idle too great though so I may need another carb cleaning or something this season. I'm pretty handy and do some of my own work but working on carburetors intimidates me.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nice boat ddrieck. A super sport is what I'd like to eventually move up to. I really want an open bow.

ddrieck

Thanks ezmobee,
Its still a work in progress and will more than likely be for years to come.

Where did you get the decals for that 85hp Johnson? The one I'm installing is a 1976 V4 and it should make this old deep Vee more pretty good.

BTW, I really like the color of the bow on your old Starcraft. What shade of blue is it?

Darren

sheboyganjohn

Well I put new coils on the motor and it started up and runs well on the muffs. Looks to be nice weather this weekend, might take it out to the lake for my maiden voyage with it.

Now the transom is another story. Now that the boat has thawed out I was able to climb underneath the back deck to look at the transom from the inside. The fiberglass skin is compressed with the motor bolts and the drain plug is only on the outer part of the boat, the inside of the drain area is bare wood. The is no movement on the transom when I move the motor up and down in the tilted position so I may get this boating season out of it before I pop the cap and start the restoration.

Shawn Acker

Cadet

Dont forget me i have one two. but may be a while before she hits the water.
1985 Starcraft.

Picture of ongoing project here. Check it out! Link is in the signature.

sheboyganjohn

You have yourself a project there Shawn. At least you have a solid aluminum base to start with. Are you putting it back to a center counsol when you are done?

North Beach

Commander

Nice boat there Shawn. Funny, once you get all that muck out they all look the same. Personally, I think these aluminum boats are great platforms to build what you want on.

Keep posting those pics as you go!

Tinrunner

Cadet

1984 Starcraft 175 Bass Boss w/ 90hp Johnson. Rebuilt the transom & taking her down to Toledo Bend next week (providing the wind will lay to less than 20 mph!!)

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

I've got a small fleet of them...
- 1964 14-foot tinnie
- 1974 15-foot American
- 1976 18-foot American

The two Americans have gotten complete, keel-up rebuilds, including rebuilds of the Johnson Stinger 75 and Johnson 90.

Owned previously a 1964 Bahama 15 and a 1977 SuperSport 16.

Attachments

• SC18andSC15_0534.jpg
    SC18andSC15_0534.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 0