STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Starcraft_CSS

Seaman Apprentice
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Hey guys/gals! New to boating as of last year. We bought a trailer up on Paudash lake and found out how much we were missing not being able to get out on the water. So I went on a search and picked up a beat up 1985 16.5 foot Starcraft CSS Bowrider. Its got a 3.0 I/O with an alpha one drive. I redid the trailer while it was in the water last summer now just waiting until the winter fades away so I can start some projects on the boat. I will be doing some work to the seats here in the next couple weeks in my basement and may post up pics of my progress. Be prepared for some stupid questions from me as I'm a noob! lol. Also I hope you like pictures as I am not shy posting progress pics :p Take care guys!!

IamCanadian

Petty Officer 3rd Class

New Starcraft Owner checking in. I just picked up a 1975 Kingfisher 16' with 1975 Merc 402 from the original owner (My step dad)
He and my Mom picked up a supersport to enjoy retirement in so I decided to keep the kingfisher in the family, I will clean it up and post some pics later.

petraciara

Recruit

i just bought a 1972 starcraft starchief. i am very happy with it.
top windshield missing. the man i bought it from replaced the motor a few months before i bought it. the motor had 200 hours on it he said. 120 merc. 165 compression across.i had a tune up on the transom that set me back a little coin. previous owner replaced wood thru the boat and floor he also put in a 24 gal gas belly tank. im am doing a little remodeling and putting some cupboards in the back and two battery set up. replacing the back top aluminum it was many holes. ill update with pictures soon. stripped the paint and revealed a beautiful shiney alumium. needs a doghouse. its a work in progress. this all started because i wanted downriggers installed..but i felt the back top was a little weak . it had flush poles holders are installed so i used gimble mounts, so not to add any more holes. i love this boat!!!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats fellow Starcraft owner's :)

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

My addition to the Starmada, 18' Chief in all her glory of PO neglect.

jfpoll

Recruit

Hello Startroopers!
I am the proud owner of a Holiday 16' !
It has unfortunately suffered neglect at the hands of its (current) owners.
Yes, it was my fault. I'll own up to it.
Anyhow, now I get to fix it.
Most of the plywood is out, the waterlogged foam is out.
I will clean it out real good, seal the seams for good measure, replace the foam and plywood.
I will need to redo the dash
Im thinking carpet. Maybe custom seating. I'd like to incorporate some storage into the seating.
We'll see.

I will not promise anything, but I hope to share some pics and then some PROGRESS pics.

Happy re-Star-rations!

Joel

The Biscayne was a bare hull when I got it. No floors. No door. No interior. No motor. 3 months and countless hours and few donor boats got me this far.

bgc

Ensign

LOOKS GREAT! I'm thinkin I'm gonna start lookin for one.

STUDaddy58

Seaman Apprentice

Hello! Just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I've been reviewing a lot of the restoration info, and the next thing you know, I came down with a case of the "gottahaveaboat" flu, which I believe was the tin strain! So, now I am the proud owner of a '63 StarCraft Jupiter (or at least the old metal tag says so), the title says "Runabout", and that's what I've been doing! I still need a trailer, a motor, and seats, but I've started cleaning and clearing, and I've got my reference material (that's where you all come in!). Thanks again!
http://forums.iboats.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Soon to be motoring the lakes of southern Ohio!

STUDaddy58 with a '63!

Attachments

• 3rb3G43N55Ia5Hb5qad6m3977e563df721872.jpg
    3rb3G43N55Ia5Hb5qad6m3977e563df721872.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Glad to see another American returning to the living! Without a doubt, one of the best hulls ever designed! I had my 15-footer out last week. Still flies!

excellent thread! i picked this 1975 FG American 16' w/ 1980 Mercury115 up the summer of 1012...

View attachment 179180View attachment 179182View attachment 179183

She was a blast, lotsa fun!! now i'm in the process of rebuilding the stringers, transom and deck lol she was solid but wouldn't have been for long!!

Attachments

• Starcraft15Stinger.jpg
    Starcraft15Stinger.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Hey Stu did they tell you your Jupiter was pregnant with a baby tinny when you bought her? :laugh: