Son broke arm at school. Who pays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uraijit

Banned
Re: Son broke arm at school. Who pays?

"Criminal terms"? What does that even mean?

We're speaking in terms of fact. Clearly everybody understands that we're talking about children. We're not talking about putting the kid in prison here, we're talking about holding the child's parents responsible.

Perpetrator
Per"pe*tra`tor\, n. [L.] One who perpetrates; esp., one who commits an offense or crime.

Nobody's calling the kid's pushing of another kid a "crime". But does the word "offense" not fit here? He did commit an offense to another child, therefore, he is by definition, the "perpetrator" of the incident.

I don't understand why this is so difficult for you... :rolleyes:

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

OK so when my 10 year old niece pushes down her 12 year old cousin for taking her doll.........................dislocating his elbow shes a perp....in an assault case:confused::confused: ......................and he's a suspect in a theft case.......................and a victim in the a fore mentioned assault case ........................dude that's a stretch.........................and just plain wrong in my book................:(:(

captlee

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK so when my 10 year old niece pushes down her 12 year old cousin for taking her doll.........................dislocating his elbow shes a perp....in an assault case:confused::confused: ......................and he's a suspect in a theft case.......................and a victim in the a fore mentioned assault case ........................dude that's a stretch.........................and just plain wrong in my book................:(:(

OK but who gets sued? :p lol

Uraijit

Banned

I don't know if you're being intentionally obtuse, or what.

What "Case" are we talking about here, McGruff? Your 10 year old niece would be the "perpetrator" of the incident that you mentioned. I don't know what it's got to do with theft, but the rest is correct.

She's the perpetrator in the incident, he's the victim.

The only thing 'criminal' that I'm seeing here, is your murder of the English language...

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I don't know if you're being intentionally obtuse, or what.

What "Case" are we talking about here, McGruff? Your 10 year old niece would be the "perpetrator" of the incident that you mentioned. I don't know what it's got to do with theft, but the rest is correct.

She's the perpetrator in the incident, he's the victim.

The only thing 'criminal' that I'm seeing here, is your murder of the English language...

So you are reduced to attacking my use of the English language...........................BTW it would be MURDERING ( to kill unlawfully and with premeditated malice or would that be, to slaughter wantonly ) of the English language.................:rolleyes::rolleyes:.........and who the he11 is McGruff.............and how did he get involved...........:confused::confused:

Tyme2fish

Commander

LOL ON THE FLOOR. Come one guys, lighten up a little. If this petty bickering keeps up the thread will be locked or deleted. Let's play nice, Not like that murdering thug that broke our brother's child's arm!! LOL :p
Not LOL on the arm being broken. I did not want to make that reference.It's just that this thread is really going no where and getting silly. Peace to all!!

WizeOne

Commander

Are you serious? Pretty much EVERY state requires it. Many states do not allow home-schooling either, though many still do. There are many who are hard at work to change that, though.

Please name the ones that prohibit home schooling.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Perhaps the kid was on some sort medication that caused him to do it. That way he could sue the drug company for $$$ Millions over a simple playground accident :(

You have an odd definition of accident...

My thought is that he should file with his insurance first, and bill the parents of the other kid for any unpaid portion. That's what's fair, and legal. If they refuse to pay, either sell the debt to a collection company for a fraction of what it's worth, or talk to a lawyer, or let it go... depending upon how much is left after your insurance coverage, and his general mood about the whole thing.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

LOL ON THE FLOOR. Come one guys, lighten up a little. If this petty bickering keeps up the thread will be locked or deleted. Let's play nice, Not like that murdering thug that broke our brother's child's arm!! LOL :p
Not LOL on the arm being broken. I did not want to make that reference.It's just that this thread is really going no where and getting silly. Peace to all!!

OK, T2f I'm done...................point taken;);):)............:)

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

.. the victim of an unprovoked attacked on the school grounds,

Yeah, that's the ticket, victim of an unprovoked attack! Jeez, kids can't even go out for recess without an armed guard ... :eek:

Uraijit

Banned

So you are reduced to attacking my use of the English language...........................

First of all, this whole exchange has been about how you didn't like the way other posters were using the English Language. So it's not like I changed the subject... Secondly, it was a joke. I'm sorry if I offended you... I just couldn't pass up such a perfect oportunity for a perfect joke.

BTW it would be MURDERING ( to kill unlawfully and with premeditated malice or would that be, to slaughter wantonly ) of the English language.................:rolleyes:

Umm, no. You might want to consider a lawsuit against your own 'alma mater'. ;)

:rolleyes:.........and who the he11 is McGruff.............and how did he get involved...........:confused::confused:

McGruff The Crime Dog?

Aww hell, we got us a young 'un on our hands!

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

McGruff The Crime Dog?

Aww hell, we got us a young 'un on our hands!

Actually, I think L-T is too OLD to remember McGruff taking a bite out of crime... some people call it getting senile... but around here we just call it Rear Admiral. :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Actually, I think L-T is too OLD to remember McGruff taking a bite out of crime... some people call it getting senile... but around here we just call it Rear Admiral.

No I remember McGruff.............I guess I should have put this after that statement ;);):)........................as for "You might want to consider a lawsuit against your own 'alma mater'.".......I contacted them this AM..........They said their not responsible for my murdering of the english language ......... ;):D

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer

This is just another symptom of how liberal America is becoming. Once upon a time, people took responsibility for their actions and the actions of their children but now the 'American way' is to transfer responsibility to the first person you see and let institutions raise our children.

Sorry, but the irresponsibility you're talking about has nothing to do with being liberal. I know plenty of irresponsible conservatives. Another case of misplaced blame.

The school is responsible for taking reasonable measures to protect the students. However, when these measures fail, it's not necessarily the fault of the school.

There are roofs on the classrooms. There are roofs over the passageways between classrooms. If your kid gets knocked out by a five-pound block of blue ice while he's playing tetherball, you're not going to have any luck suing the school for not having a roof over the tetherball pole.

The school has people watching out for the kids. However, every once in awhile, someone is going to be able to slip one past those people. Those of you who are saying that the school has an obligation to protect against this kind of thing need to think about what the school could have done to protect the kids. Do we need to dress kids up on Nerf armor before letting them go outside? Should we put proximity detectors on them that warn when another kid is within three feet of them? That's nuts.

So I ask you--what reasonable course of action could the school have taken to prevent this broken arm? And if there's nothing the school could have done within reason to prevent it, how is the school at fault?

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

wow talk about a heated topic:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I thought I might sneak back in before it gets locked. There was a time when I was on just about every locked post but somehow I have managed to stay away from those. So for old times sake..........

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I thought I might sneak back in before it gets locked. There was a time when I was on just about every locked post but somehow I have managed to stay away from those. So for old times sake..........

That is considered padding!! :eek: I'm in ;)

Uraijit

Banned

I think we're all just padding, at this point. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.