Lone Star Medallion II 1966, Oh Scrap!

64osby

Admiral
I can tell by the pictures that your's is way better than mine. Also, most of my boating occurs in saltwater which causes evil things to happen. Stay safe and warm during your deer hunting!

Thankfully Michigan waters are salt free. :D

Stayed safe but froze my ars off. It was brutal :smow:

64osby

Admiral
Hey, 64osby, I'd like to invite you to "PIN" yourself on our Members Map in the Sticky Section of the Restoration Forum. That way the rest of us would know where you are and if we're ever in your area we could drop by to lend a hand or mooch some coffee off'n ya!!!!;):D

I'm on the Starmada map. :biggrin-new: Will add a pin on the members map soon. Home is out in the country near Kalamazoo Michigan.:joyous:

Thanks for stopping in Wog. Any advise on Glass on Tin?:abnormal:

64osby

Admiral
Been a while since I did anything with the LS. Today was a beautiful day here in Mi, 55F and sunny.

Was able to spend a little time on bondo removal. One side is finished, Yeah!

Also did a little clean up work to one side of the splash well that butts up to the transom.
83d186f6-e3e8-4540-8ebb-341022aff987.jpg?t=1418601096.jpeg

IMAG06891.jpg

Will need some Marine Tex, Jb, all metal or .....

dozerII

Admiral
Some serious pitting there to fill in 64, that should keep you out of trouble for a while.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
The only "Tin" work I've ever done is using JB Weld and Gluvit on a friends boat to fix some leaks.and some pitting. I also held a sledge hammer for him while he re-bucked some rivets. I know the JB Weld and Gluvit worked really well. Glass doesn't stick to good on Tin so I don't think you'll be doing to much "Glassin"!!! Maybe on some of your wood but even then I'd recommend epoxy.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Been a while since I did anything with the LS. Today was a beautiful day here in Mi, 55F and sunny.

Was able to spend a little time on bondo removal. One side is finished, Yeah!

I didn't know he was hiding in there, 64. :lol:

Looks like you had a good work day. Is the pitting as bad as it looks in the pics?

64osby

Admiral
Some serious pitting there to fill in 64, that should keep you out of trouble for a while.

I didn't know he was hiding in there, 64. :lol:

Looks like you had a good work day. Is the pitting as bad as it looks in the pics?

No thru holes. :eagerness:

This was the front side of the transom. Can't wait to see what the back side looks like. :black_eyed:

Last edited:

Willyclay

Captain
No thru holes. :eagerness:

Great news! Hope your transom is in the same or better shape. Mine looked like Swiss cheese and that triggered my decision to not attempt saving her. I always had excellent results with JB Weld and have only used Marine Tex (white) on fiberglass. Good luck!

64osby

Admiral
I know the JB Weld and Gluvit worked really well. Glass doesn't stick to good on Tin so I don't think you'll be doing to much "Glassin"!!! Maybe on some of your wood but even then I'd recommend epoxy.

I've used both on tin boats. Gluvit is great. The JB weld is also but the package size is small, 2 or 4oz. Might need a gallon by the time I'm done.

Still trying to figure out what the factory used originally.

64osby

Admiral
I had contacted a C/L listed boat by email about ten days ago.

They replied yesterday.

I replied that I would haul it away for $200.

They agreed. :cool:

I need a place to hide a donor boat while it is being stripped down. :eek:

GA_Boater

Put her in the dog house, 64. Just leave room for a cot and a hotplate. :lol:

Tnstratofam

Commander
:spy: Insert Mission Impossible music hear. :spy: Watch as 64 tries to pick up said donor boat, strip her, and dispose of said boat before the Admiral is any wiser. Good luck fellow tin head. Should you fail all relevant tin, and said parts will fall to the next available tin head.:tinfoil3: Good luck.:becky:

GA_Boater

I should clarify post #112. "her" is the donor her not the Admiralty her. You're already headed for trouble, 64. :faint:

64osby

Admiral
Put her in the dog house, 64. Just leave room for a cot and a hotplate. :lol:

I should clarify post #112. "her" is the donor her not the Admiralty her. You're already headed for trouble, 64. :faint:

I'm so glad you clarified that GA. :eek:

I need a tutorial on multi quotes. The second quote just turns orange when I click on it and nothing happens. To do this one I quote once post it. open it with edit. Go to the second post I want to quote hit quote, copy and paste that to the first message.

It's not the ways this is supposed to work.:grumpy:

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
:spy: Insert Mission Impossible music hear. :spy: Watch as 64 tries to pick up said donor boat, strip her, and dispose of said boat before the Admiral is any wiser. Good luck fellow tin head. Should you fail all relevant tin, and said parts will fall to the next available tin head.:tinfoil3: Good luck.:becky:

Mission Impossibly Stupid.
  • As always, should you or any of your S.I.M. Force be caught or killed, the Starmada will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This post will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Osby.
This should be good!!:couch2::popcorn:

:phone: Hello 911

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Tutorial time

I had contacted a C/L listed boat by email about ten days ago.

They replied yesterday.

I replied that I would haul it away for $200.

They agreed. :cool:

I need a place to hide a donor boat while it is being stripped down. :eek:

I'm so glad you clarified that GA. :eek:

I need a tutorial on multi quotes. The second quote just turns orange when I click on it and nothing happens. To do this one I quote once post it. open it with edit. Go to the second post I want to quote hit quote, copy and paste that to the first message.

It's not the ways this is supposed to work.:grumpy:

Mission Impossibly Stupid.
  • As always, should you or any of your S.I.M. Force be caught or killed, the Starmada will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This post will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Osby.

:phone: Hello 911

GA_Boater

This is how I did that ^^^^^

The first quote by clicking the "Quote" button;

quote1.GIF

After clicking "Quote" on second quote the Quote button turns ORANGE- No idea why it's so small;

quote2.GIF

And the third quote, also with the ORANGE Quote;

So what's different? Might be hard to see but look at the "Post Reply to Lone Star Medalion.......................................... " box in the upper right corn of each pic. It turned from blue for a regular reply to yellow, indicating a Quote in progress. Also at the end of the post title in the yellow box is a number in "(n)". In the top quote pic, the number is (1), (2) in the second and (3) in the third. "(n)" is the number of selected quotes, so ended up with 3 quoted posts. The final step is click on the yellow box and you end up the result like post #118 with the text I added.

The test will be administered in the iboats University Chow Hall, 10AM tomorrow. LOL

jbcurt00

Staff member
The test will be administered in the iboats University Chow Hall, 10AM tomorrow. LOL
Will it include how to make pix appear in posts too? :watermelon:

64: Sounds like there may be a flying frying pan in your future, I highly recommend protective head gear....
Think NHL:
hockey030_605.jpg

Not Harley:
2008-Skid-Lid-Original-Solid-Helmet.jpg

gotta protect the grill too ;)

Good luck