It begins

dozerII

Admiral
No luck needed you did an awesome rebuild. Take lots of pics and video.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Now that's what I'm talking about right there! So is this the first resto splash of 2015?

jbcurt00

Staff member
And?

How'd it go?

Congrats. Stick around til Dec, the splash of the year voting will start....

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Great job I was thinking the same thing as JB a good candidate for splash of the year 2015.

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
successful splash!!!
At the dock, this is coming in, I was too excited to remember to get a shot on the way out

Fish were caught

I had a tiny amount of water, like 1/2 cup seep in, not even enough to come out the drain

Turns out, I totally forgot to patch a screw hole in the transom skin when I put the swim ladder back on. I remember thinking I have to deal with that hole and just plain forgot... Oops

dozerII

Admiral
She looks great on the water Rob Congrats. How fast were you going she looks like she was flying:thumb:

hayko1971

thanks guys! I'm not sure how fast we were going, As I said, it's not finished yet, and a working speedometer is on the list of unfinished business. it definitely felt faster than before the rebuild though :D:D:D
I'm glad we took her out for a test run before I finish up. I had plans to build a bench that pulls out to a casting deck in the back, but it would eat up too much room.
I'm a tall guy and had to mount my seats quite far back. I love the room in the boat as it is right now with just the 2 seats so I'm formulating a new idea to button up the stern area.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah! She looks great on the waves :thumb:

The good times and smiles is what being on the water is all about and you did a very nice job getting your SS back out there in what seems like record time too!

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Awesome splash Rob I'm thinking 40-45 mph, you were flying.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Congratulations on the splash and on the catch. She looks real fast.

We only have the two swivel seats in our SS with the rear deck open for fishing. I still have the bow cussions for two more spots to sit while underway. We use ours for fishing only as we have the ski boat for all our other water activities. I have a casting deck of sorts that still allows for the bow seating that I'm toying with., but seating room and fishing room is a bit tight with more than 3 people in ours.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
A nice sized secure cushioned cooler in the back could double as a seat and dry storage or drinks and food.

Decker83

Commander
Great vids.. You can tell you were really enjoying the fruits of your labor..

hayko1971

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I couldn't have done it with out you guys and the expertise found here! Thanks for that.
Not much got done today, lawn needed mowing.
I did get my bow rails on and my super awesome horn!

hayko1971

I really would like to put a trolling motor on it now. I'm thinking 55 lb thrust with a 54" shaft. Any helpful experiences/advice/tips? I've never had one before but I'd like to stop messing with the anchor and get a gps one that will keep me on a spot.