is this hull repairable?

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
I was in the fix it camp:D
Good job knew it was fixable just a matter of how much work a person wants to go to usually on anything!

cwlson

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Today i got the square stock for the trailer tongue drilled and bolted on the new hitch tomorrow i have to drill 2 holes and mount the new tongue to the trailer re wire the lights and install the roller and winch and the trailer is done!. Also i have a buddy that is an electrician he said he might be able to rig me up a piece of conduit pipe with his bender to replace the broken railing. Hopefully we can tackle that tomorrow

cwlson

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Going to be her first trip out fishing today.... wish me luck!

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Good luck have fun be safe very impressive work on the boat btw when I first stated reading this post I was a little skeptical about the rebuild but it turned out amazing good job

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I just noticed the Large Diamond Plate sheet on the transom. Is that just for Looks or...Is the transom having issues??

cwlson

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just noticed the Large Diamond Plate sheet on the transom. Is that just for Looks or...Is the transom having issues??

The person I bought the boat from had a long shaft motor and built the transom up to make it work using the diamond plate for support

cwlson

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just realized I never updated how the first trip out went. It was a great uneventful day.... thank god!
My buddy and i went out for about 6 hours and didn't have a single problem and didn't take on any water at all. The boat is exactly what i wanted perfect for fishing and very stable in the water I am glad I decided to fix her up. Thanks a million guys for all your help/guidance with this project

Last edited:

Mark72233

Ensign
Cwlson, pat yourself on the back for taking the chance and jumping in with both feet, full steam ahead and gettin her done in record time.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Bravo sir Bravo. You did it and super quick as well. You make me feel bad now knowing I've been dragging around on mine now for a few years. Somebody needs to light a fire under my butt. You sir are amazing and I like your work efforts too... :thumb: :thumb:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would recommend this for one of the speediest SOTY

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Very impressive indeed, congrats! The smiles on your face say it all.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Awesome ! Back on the water fast and gained some storage space ! Job well done ! Bring on the fish slime !

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Nice! I think that may be the fastest repair that I have seen on the forum yet!!! :yo: :thumb: