Installing new Ignition Components

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Installing new Ignition Components

well.....you need to go back to the beginning!! compression is good? re-check and post #'s. spark is good across an open air gap at 1/4"? spark at plugs while cranking? if you have the above....even if the plug wires were reversed, you should get a puff of smoke, a sneeze/backfire or kickback if your fuel is good and you force feed it a spoonfull or two. odd problem!!

nwcove

Admiral

any updates? have you tried disconnecting all the wiring to the key and jumping it directly from the battery to the starter?? as mentioned, if you have the big three, you should get some signs of life.

adt2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry - I moved this over to another thread after testing for spark (have good spark on both cylinders).

nwcove

Admiral

ahhh, ok. will give up then! multiple posts on the same motor gets to confusing for my old noggin to work with! lol

adt2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nah, don't give up! Just click over to the other thread here. I just didn't want to limit views of my problem to folks who were browsing "ignition problems," since we seem to have mostly eliminated that as an issue.

nwcove

Admiral

jmo, but after putting fuel mix directly into the combustion chamber, and not seeing a puff of smoke...a backfire, or a sign of running? if you have good compression.....ignition is the most likely problem. ( they will run with good spark, bad timing, without a carb attached....im not saying "run smooth",) but as mentioned...its time to start from the beginning.

good luck