Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Yep, this is a real fish-machine! You guys do not understand, the whole idea here is to fool the fish - fish does not believe that this boat can be a fishing boat and calmly swims nearby, here comes the fisherman and gets it. Version 2, fish gathers all its relatives to "have a good laugh at this boat with 5hp motor" and comes closer - as result you will have excellent fishing!

If you catch them while they're laughing at you....is that sporting or foul-hooking?

scrawnyronny

Seaman Apprentice

Like Olde Pharte said, it would be great if you could add a few more shots but I think C/L only allows four?:confused: Anyway, I wouldn't laugh at your add after some of the things I've seen for sale around ND and MN. Yours seems quite reasonable not to mention you're an Iboat guy. Thats gotta be worth a couple bucks right there.:D

reelfishin

Captain

Here's a good one for only two grand!

trying to get rid of this boat (pemberton )
Date: 2010-01-10, 1:04PM EST

i dont have alot of info on this. its been sitting for a while now. come by and check it out. i believe it has a 350 chevy engine in it but not sure. the motor is a 2000

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1546034183.html

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 0
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 0

redfury

Commander

I don't see any price, just a year listed for the motor...:confused:

DaveHawkins

Seaman

He had to cut the lower unit off...but it can be put back on!!!LOL!!!

I have a 1988 Evinrude 25 hp it runs but drive shaft is stuck on the block. The water pump went bad and had to cut the lower unit off, but still can be put back on. Can't put a new water pump on till I can get drive shaft out of the block. Good parts, lower unit, cover and base, good compression, coils, carb, and fuel pump. Dos not have transom mounting bracket, and I do have a tiller handle that is almost the same and will fit. I know $75 is a good price so don't call to tack.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/boa/1549615963.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Someone needs to take away his sawzall!

Really, this ad is "parts motor 1988 Evinrude 25 $75"

skargo

Banned

He had to cut the lower unit off...but it can be put back on!!!LOL!!!

I have a 1988 Evinrude 25 hp it runs but drive shaft is stuck on the block. The water pump went bad and had to cut the lower unit off, but still can be put back on. Can't put a new water pump on till I can get drive shaft out of the block. Good parts, lower unit, cover and base, good compression, coils, carb, and fuel pump. Dos not have transom mounting bracket, and I do have a tiller handle that is almost the same and will fit. I know $75 is a good price so don't call to tack.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/boa/1549615963.html

Don't call to TACK...must TACK it all? Tack what, the lower unit back on??????

HAHAHA, some people.

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/1534479973.html

Trade car for boat - $100000 (Piper, Ks Speedway)

Date: 2010-01-02, 4:24PM CST
Reply to: sale-qnc4g-1534479973@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I would like to trade this 2002 Hyundai Sonta for a nice boat of equal value. The car has ps, pb, pw, pdl, leather, sunroof, alloy wheels etc., it's silver w/ black leather. It was purchased new at North Towne Hyundai and I have owned it for the duration. It has around 120K miles on it now and it runs and acts like it should. I would drive it to California today without a worry. I use castrol oil and have had the trans fluid changed regularly also. It was repainted about 3 years ago after some storm damage, so the paint is newer and it looks nice. I have also recently replaced the front rotors and brake pads and replaced the back brake pads. I had it at a Hyundai dealership recently and they noted the lower ball joints may have been a little worn. So I stopped at the parts store and purchased new ones and replaced them, just in case they were right. I am looking for a nice boat that I don't have to work on, just as you would be wanting a car that you would not have to work on. I would prefer a smaller engine boat that is economical, by the way the Hyundai is a six cylinder engine and gets good gas mileage, and it has had the full tune up recently (111K if I remember right). A cuddy cabin or cruiser might be nice to consider but let me know what you have. I don't want a boat I have seen on craigslist for several months that won't sell. I want a boat I could drive to California...

Let's see, $100K for the car, but willing to trade for a boat he can drive to California? Ya, some Kansans are geographically challenged.