Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

The Smurf Blue boat.... I just love these gems. No mention of the critical details, like brand of motor, HP, if its solid or has soft spots, compression etc are totally missing. But the running lights work, and it was painted smurf blue by a six year old, plus I'm sure all that "spray foam" was installed in a professional manner. How can you possibly resist for only a grand?

dozerII

Admiral

A few years back, my brither and I were looking for an inexpensive small O/B for our aluminum fishing boat. There was an ad in the local paper for a 1950's plywood speed boat with a 20hp Johnson. Ad reads hull in great shape , needs interior work, no leaks. Motor has spark but wont run $200.00 obo. So we had to go look. 10 minutes away The boat was real cool looking built from Popular Mechanics plans in the 50's. The interior was shot, AND IT DIDN'T LEAK it was sitting there on the trailer full to the transom with water from the recent rain storms. The o/b was in great physical condition and the trailer was okay, We bought them for $25.00 put all the vacume lines back in the right places and ran the O/B for three years with out a hicup and sold it with the aluminum boat and the traile for $1700.00

reelfishin

Captain

The Smurf Blue boat.... I just love these gems. No mention of the critical details, like brand of motor, HP, if its solid or has soft spots, compression etc are totally missing. But the running lights work, and it was painted smurf blue by a six year old, plus I'm sure all that "spray foam" was installed in a professional manner. How can you possibly resist for only a grand?

Those are the ads that usually leave you speechless if you actually go look at them.
Especially those with 30 year old pics.

ozenine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is the one that made me speechless. I guess he has warehouse full of ALL possible parts. Do people really expect to get responses on that?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 0

reelfishin

Captain

Another gem:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/1537887689.html

Makes no statement no the condition, running or otherwise, of any of it.

I wouldn't expect it to be running for $500, plus he lists it needs a fuel filter harness which I take is most likely the fuel line and primer bulb. He most likely knows nothing about boats and just wants it gone. I wouldn't expect much for a 45+ year old boat with matching motor that's most likely been kept outdoors for that period of time.

86 century

Ensign

You guys will love this one.. all it needs to be perfect is a rusty crumbling mastercraft trailer
http://louisville.craigslist.org/boa/1542114191.html

That guy lives down the road from me a full 3 hours from louisville. He always has two or three boats in his front yard for sell. He has had the same 23' bayliner cudy for four years it just has less parts every year.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

he has had that junker on c/l all summer but I just noticed again and thought to post it up lol.... what a clown... after all with fiberglass being plastic based I'm sure it is impervious to heat damage:eek:

erikpn

Petty Officer 1st Class

16' Super Lake boat. If you want a great fishing boat with room to walk around and seating for five, all your gear, cooler and even a dog than this is your boat. I never liked those 12' or 14' aluminum/fiberglass boats and there little bench seats. They always seemed so narrow and cramped, so i put this boat together from a 16' hulled out Larson Powerboat and basically turned it into a bigger version of the simple aluminum boat. It now has 4 full standard swivel seats and 1 folding captains swivel seat, storage cage, oars, bedlined interior, Fishing pole holders and alot more. Boat sells with excellent condition trailer and a 5hp 2-stroke Mercury Outboard with extended tiller that has been well taken care of. Outboard will push this boat around loaded with full gear and my family of 5 with no issues, it gets up and goes. Can fire it up for you to see.

3n03k43oc5Pe5S25R2a17c0d29e8b1d921146.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure a 5hp outboard will get a 1800 lb boat up on plane real nice.

ozenine

Petty Officer 1st Class

16' Super Lake boat. If you want a great fishing boat with room to walk around and seating for five, all your gear, cooler and even a dog than this is your boat. I never liked those 12' or 14' aluminum/fiberglass boats and there little bench seats. They always seemed so narrow and cramped, so i put this boat together from a 16' hulled out Larson Powerboat and basically turned it into a bigger version of the simple aluminum boat. It now has 4 full standard swivel seats and 1 folding captains swivel seat, storage cage, oars, bedlined interior, Fishing pole holders and alot more. Boat sells with excellent condition trailer and a 5hp 2-stroke Mercury Outboard with extended tiller that has been well taken care of. Outboard will push this boat around loaded with full gear and my family of 5 with no issues, it gets up and goes. Can fire it up for you to see.

3n03k43oc5Pe5S25R2a17c0d29e8b1d921146.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure a 5hp outboard will get a 1800 lb boat up on plane real nice.

Yep, this is a real fish-machine! You guys do not understand, the whole idea here is to fool the fish - fish does not believe that this boat can be a fishing boat and calmly swims nearby, here comes the fisherman and gets it. Version 2, fish gathers all its relatives to "have a good laugh at this boat with 5hp motor" and comes closer - as result you will have excellent fishing!