Formula 27PC Complete Power plant rebuild

alldodge

Staff member
Took a ride to see Eddie today to give him the new elbows. The engine looks real good and will be on the dyno next week. Eddie and Travis have done some real nice work. Opened up the fuel rail and will feed fuel from both ends and has a return line back to the tank. Cut down the intake and opened it up some. Photo563.jpg

In this pic you can see what the intake use to look like and that mine has been cut down so it is level with the inside of the plenum. Also charged from V-belt to serpentine Photo561.jpg

PS cooler mounted on the rear deck, cool fuel mounted were cooler was, port side low Photo562.jpg

Photo559.jpg

Now I really need to get moving to finish the transom and other glass work

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
Nice. I had sort of forgotten about the engine portion of your project.

alldodge

Staff member
Really looking forward to the dyno numbers, then we can decided which outdrive ratio

Going to need a bib real soon to catch my drool :D

alldodge

Staff member
Unless things change I'm going to go and pick up the engine probably Tuesday. Talking to Eddie he said the engine produced 545 HP and 617 Torque using 91 octane. He did two engines and believes the numbers are correct but will have paper work when I go to pick it up. Numbers will probably drop 15HP when hooked up to my exhaust. He uses dry tuned headers running through a muffler do to sound level.

When I'm done with repairs and ready Eddie will come down and ride with to return for optimum performance

tpenfield

Staff member
That will get your boat up out of the water . . . What HP were looking at previously?

alldodge

Staff member
That will get your boat up out of the water . . . What HP were looking at previously?

Was figuring 515 to 525, about 100 more then before, but the torque numbers is what's impressing me a solid 600 ft lb

tpenfield

Staff member
Your 1 engine is cranking almost as much as my 2 engines . . .

alldodge

Staff member
Your 1 engine is cranking almost as much as my 2 engines . . .

Come on, you know you want to :rolleyes:

We can figure something out :gossip:

Just a little money, little time, OK maybe a lot more then a little money but you to could have two of these in you boat :eyebrows:

Only issue is remember to duck :brick: When you since its coming

Now if you could use some :help: I'll be there to help, only takes beer, something for the wife to do and maybe a lobotomy

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Come on, you know you want to :rolleyes:

We can figure something out :gossip:

Just a little money, little time, OK maybe a lot more then a little money but you to could have two of these in you boat :eyebrows:

Only issue is remember to duck :brick: When you since its coming

Now if you could use some :help: I'll be there to help, only takes beer, something for the wife to do and maybe a lobotomy

Well take a little stroll down this lane.... https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=212

You can tune the ecm's at the same time and have the peace of mind knowing is as it should be....:lol:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Might be but The Admiral just will not give me that much more allowance, maybe next year :D

Ohhh I do understand I've have the bug so bad now its almost painful. But the ceo is watching me like a hawk she knows me well. But I've pigeonholed almost enough to build a stroker but to many concessions would have to be made at this point. kinda like selling off some of the fleet...not going to happen.....

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Been doing a bit of work on the engine to get it ready to go in. To look at it, it doesn't seam much different on the out side other then change over from V-belt to serpentine, same paint and other items. Removed the oil fill cap and you can see one of the new roller rockers
Photo606.jpg

A new set of exhaust tips with turn downs came in from CMI
Photo603.jpg

Photo605.jpg

They installed some very slight baffles to help reduce the sound when on plane
Photo604.jpg

NHGuy

Captain
How far along are you? I can take you for a slow ride in my tub.

alldodge

Staff member
How far along are you? I can take you for a slow ride in my tub.

I fairly close to finishing the hull work. Started painting but still have some glass to do before the final paint job. Been checking the wiring on the engine and doing some prep work. Engine is ready to go back it just need to get off my back side and finish the other hull work

alldodge

Staff member
Transom is done now to install the engine tomorrow. YEA

Photo617.jpg

Photo616.jpg

Hooked up several other items will get more pic later

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Lookin' Good,...... Lookin' Good,..... ;)