CL Donor Boats for our Tinnies

64osby

Admiral
Don't know what motors sell for up there, but looks like a free trailer to me.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Wow that's allot of bang for your buck so to speak. There seem to be enough good parts there to outfit your next stripped tinny with some to spare. Selling the motor, and out drive parts should easily cover your initial $800.00. Nice score.:thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
Don't know what motors sell for up there, but looks like a free trailer to me.

Wow that's allot of bang for your buck so to speak. There seem to be enough good parts there to outfit your next stripped tinny with some to spare. Selling the motor, and out drive parts should easily cover your initial $800.00. Nice score.:thumb:

Thanks guys, I'm hoping your right on the free trailer:joyous:

Everyone likes the sound of a Small block Chevy

MNhunter1

Ensign
What would you pay for this with the intent to scrap the hull and leverage the motor and controls, steering, gauges, bow rails, canvas, cover, tanks, and battery. Probably convert the trailer to utility. Probably be a year or so before I'm ready to mount a motor on the 16SS, but I can see a lot of useful items here. Motor is a 77 or 78 with power tilt.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...814509479.html

Do I hold out for a nice 70hp 3cyl?

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I don't know about there, but here a good running 85hp w/ T&T, that all works as it should, would be pricey, late 70s or not.

Anything under $1100.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
I would really check the engine out.. run it with muffs at a minimum. I have had many "running" engines be frozen up or otherwise not run. Around here I would estimate that the engine would sell for $1000 if it works well. The trailer would be another $200 or so... maybe $150 for everything else. That's what I would get out of it were I to scrap it and sell the parts (like I've done on about 3 dozen glassers over the years).

dozerII

Admiral
Need some thoughts on this guys. A little 15'itchy boat jumped out in front of me, with a nice EZloader trailer and a 1985 Yamaha 70hp O/B with TNT, for $700. Good Deal???

MNhunter1

Ensign
Need some thoughts on this guys. A little 15'itchy boat jumped out in front of me, with a nice EZloader trailer and a 1985 Yamaha 70hp O/B with TNT, for $700. Good Deal???

Tell you what...I'll split the cost with you, you can have the glasser and the trailer (we all know your love of trailers)...I will take the 1985 70hp Yamaha. Seriously. Buy it already.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Told ya so in the OH-OH thread. :D Spend the trailer flip cash!

pckeen

Commander
Tell you what...I'll split the cost with you, you can have the glasser and the trailer (we all know your love of trailers)...I will take the 1985 70hp Yamaha. Seriously. Buy it already.

I may be able to help with transportation. I'll be in the Peg in May, and down to Minneapolis in June/July....

MNhunter1

Ensign
EDIT: Sorry MN, it was probably too close before. Don't forget that Iboats does sell used boats.

Keep the rest of this discussion in PMs only from here on out.

Thanks
John

Last edited by a moderator:

dozerII

Admiral
Thanks guys, I had to post the question for your valued opinions to show to the Admiral, she thought it was just my MBS telling her it was a good deal:facepalm:
thanks for helping me spend my boat fund.:hail:

And yes MN that would be a sweet motor for your SS:peep:

MNhunter1

Ensign
EDIT: Sorry MN, it was probably too close before. Don't forget that Iboats does sell used boats.

Keep the rest of this discussion in PMs only from here on out.

Thanks
John

My apologies. This cabin fever and both my boats in storage has me bouncing off the walls and flirting with disaster. I was only joking anyhow, sort of :victorious:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thanks guys, I had to post the question for your valued opinions to show to the Admiral, she thought it was just my MBS telling her it was a good deal:facepalm:
thanks for helping me spend my boat fund.:hail:

And yes MN that would be a sweet motor for your SS:peep:

You can tell the Admiral for us, Dozer - We would never steer her wrong! :rolleyes: