CL Donor Boats for our Tinnies

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Thought it might be good to have a "parts finder" section where old glassers can be picked up cheap and their motors/rails/misc parts can be put to better use, the survival of the STARMADA FLEET. I will post pics as I hate clicking a CL ad just to see what the excitment was, and the ad is deleted..lol

So...
Here is a great example, 115 Rude, needs starter, good looking boat for a glasser. Those rails would go nicely on a SS and that bimini is worth 200 bucks easy! all for $350! Almost tempted to grab it and resale the motor.

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/2815483529.html

donorwith115rude.jpg

donor1with115hprude.jpg

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
Re: CL Donor Boats for our Tinnies

Oooh, 115 Rude with controls for $350 OR LESS! The thing with glassers is, sometimes they are worth saving and sometimes they are parts boat for a tinnie. Windshield is good, rails like you said and bimini too, probably a gauge cluster.

Good idea Kev.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Your right on the windshield BD! Overlooked that..also there seems to be stern rails in the 2nd pic..Prob a SS ladder or?
Not shabby for 300 bucks or so

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey Kev - great idea for this thread. Now I have a place for my glasser finds. :D Thanks.

GA_Boater

Lol this will be a sacrificial glass thread..but no boat will get banished..lol
Maybe some members should be banished. LOL Now I can't find a worthy boat. Isn't that how it works. :facepalm:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Maybe some members should be banished. LOL Now I can't find a worthy boat. Isn't that how it works. :facepalm:

I think that's the way it goes. That one I posted was the most worthy in an hour of CL searching

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

20 bucks???? Thats Insane..but may cost 50 to dispose!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

GA_Boater

$200 asking - 18' Four Winns out side of Houston. I see what appears to be a good galvanized trailer, walk thru W/S, low railings and under floor fuel tank. And he wants it out of his yard. http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/2824549837.html

1981 four winns inboard outboard four cylinder 470 motor it runs need some work has a galvanized trailer i have all paper work i have another boat and want it out of my yard...713-xxx-xxxx or 832-xxx-xxxx

4winns.jpg
4winsinside.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

$200 asking - 18' Four Winns out side of Houston. I see what appears to be a good galvanized trailer, walk thru W/S, low railings and under floor fuel tank. And he wants it out of his yard. http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/2824549837.html

1981 four winns inboard outboard four cylinder 470 motor it runs need some work has a galvanized trailer i have all paper work i have another boat and want it out of my yard...713-xxx-xxxx or 832-xxx-xxxx

4winns.jpg
4winsinside.jpg

Thats right on the money..Too bad it has the dreaded 470..But people need parts for that motor all day long so manifolds, carb, oher parts will sell.
The trailer, windshield and misc hardware, steering wheel, horns.. all add up to way more than 200 bux!

edit..Just noticed that fuel tank...theres 100 bucks cash back when you sel it or install her on your big boat!