Both outboards no spark

Jeremiah200

Cadet
Yes it has 3 batteries switches are you saying one may have shorted out cosing both stators to go out

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
suggesting that as a possibility. Usually, the problem occurs when switching between batteries while the motor is running (switch passes briefly through the off position).

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Hard to say -- multiple batteries and switches can get pretty complicated, with room for user errors. See what you have.

Jeremiah200

Cadet
Omc 225 1988

1988 well craft twin out boards No spark on both motors comes and goes unplugged wirng harness and still no spark plugged back in just to see and bang they fired up but here's my thing should they run with out a wirng harness not sure driving me crazy change power pack tested stator all seems fine thought maybe ground problem but turns over good the only thing is it's so post to have 2batters but I'm using one seems to spin just fine and yes both motors ran carb was sticking so rebuilt the now no spark again yes looked for common problems any suggestions would help pretty good at renching first twin outboard boat

jbcurt00

Staff member
Merged new topic into original twin 225s no spark topic

Jeremiah200

Cadet
Sorry guys forgot i posted this thread and yes got both motors running never figured it out just unplugged wirng harness and plugged back in and tried again and bang one by one they cranked but carb was flooding fix carb now back to no spark again going crazy even tried putting ground from battery to motor straight